Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hauppauge HD PVR on May 1

Quote Originally Posted by pastro View Post
    Until the ICT flag starts getting used. Then the analog component capture won't be as exciting.
    I doubt they'd ever use it in the US. Too many people with highdef TVs with no HDMI input.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I doubt they'd ever use it in the US. Too many people with highdef TVs with no HDMI input.
    Even if they do implement it, someone will have a little black box work around for the digital stream. The Hauppauge PVR is just one more piece to my puzzle of not buying a DirecTV DVR, when I finally buy a HiDef TV here. I have the server now, I suppose the day will come that I replace my 1990 Toshiba 32" TV. Maybe I'll just move it to the bedroom.....
    IBM P4, 3Ghz with 1GB RAM
    500GB Storage (on this one), HVR-1600 capture card
    ATI-1050 256MB, and more as I think it up!
    OK, I finally bought a HD TV. Glad I had some stuff recorded to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by philly_phenom View Post
    Who needs an HD MVP when we have the PCH
    PCH doesn't support comskip cuts (yet anyway). That's the deal breaker for me otherwise I'd be all over it...
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Asus M2A-VM (Radeon 1250 onboard video), Athlon X2 BE-2300+, 2GB DDR2, WD GP 1TB SATA2, WD GP 1.5TB SATA2, WD GP 2TB SATA2, HVR-2250, Win7 Ultimate 64bit, nMedia HTPC 200BA Case.
    PCH-A100 as client1, AppleTV 2G + XBMC as client2, softmodded xbox + XBMC as client3

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    sub, apparently, was the only one that didn't shelve support for the device until a release date was scheduled.
    That's because he rocks!!
    GBPVR v1.4.7
    Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz
    4 GB RAM, 160GB system drive
    640GB recording drive
    PVR-500 - analog cable stations
    HDHomeRun - ASTC via antenna
    nVidia GeForce 8600GT
    1 PCH @ 1080p componenent (was NTSC via composite)
    1 PCH @ 1080p HDMI (was component)

sub, now that the cases are in and these are shipping (according to SHS) if your NDA is over I have a question that was raised on avsforum. Apparently the Hauppauge software only records 2.0 sound but there was speculation that GB-PVR could record 5.1. Can you comment on this?

Martin

That was me (vladd) that speculated. I meant to ask sub but my A.D.D. got the better of me.

I've only been able to get 2.0 audio working. The app is also coded to also support 5.1 audio, but I was aware of a driver issue stopping 5.1 audio from working. I was working on the assumption that issue would have been resolved by now. I can only guess it'll be resolved soon. I dont have any inside info on the details of the problem.

Ah, I was wrong on my speculation then.

Quote Originally Posted by aa4hg View Post
    Even if they do implement it, someone will have a little black box work around for the digital stream. The Hauppauge PVR is just one more piece to my puzzle of not buying a DirecTV DVR, when I finally buy a HiDef TV here. I have the server now, I suppose the day will come that I replace my 1990 Toshiba 32" TV. Maybe I'll just move it to the bedroom.....
    This is basically where I am now also.
    My 32" TV is "big enough" according to the wife.

I suppose when the yard is fenced in & the yard re-landscaped she'll decide something bigger could fit.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    sub, now that the cases are in and these are shipping (according to SHS) if your NDA is over I have a question that was raised on avsforum. Apparently the Hauppauge software only records 2.0 sound but there was speculation that GB-PVR could record 5.1. Can you comment on this?

Martin
    According to a post on Brent Evans blog....

From Dorothy at Hauppauge:

"The initial release won’t accept Dolby Digital 5.1 but we expect to have a downloadable software patch within the next 4 weeks or so that will fix this issue."