Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New alpha dongle July 16 '08

New alpha dongle July 16 '08

Couple of small changes to

- support tftp of dongle.bin.config on the Happauge port 16869 if mvpmc share fails.
    - updated source to current nightly (no emulation mode change)

Edit updated to potentially speed up the upload 2008-07-26.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2008-07-26 at 10:56 PM.

just fired up the new release! good to know you are going on enhancing it :-)

martin, may i ask, is there a built in fast rewind aswell? i just can find go + skip for ff but no rewind..
    server: p4, 1,8 ghz, win server 2003, gb-pvr 1.4.7
    cc: terratec cinergy s2 pci hd (dvb-s, bda) + technotrend TT-connect S-2400 usb (dvb-s, bda) on Astra 19,2 E
    clients: mediaMVP + laptop, vista sp2, gb-pvr 1.4.7

This isn't much of an enhancement until sub finds his MVP's power supply but if there are good ideas I will still see what I can do. I don't have any myself.

There is no hardware rewind method know to the mvpmc project and it is unlikely because demux only moves forward.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    This isn't much of an enhancement until sub finds his MVP's power supply..
    I did find it. I seem to be correctly sending the "mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.1.108 &" string, but it doesnt seem to do anything differently. Does it need a "\n" on the end or something?

The error you were getting in your logs seemed to relate to a second UDP request arriving for "" and the app not gracefully handling it. I've corrected this, but this was happening after the request for dongle.bin.config was successfully handled. Any ideas?

Here is a pure tftp session from linux

tftp 172.16.3.2 16869
    tftp> binary
    tftp> get dongle.bin.ver
    Received 40 bytes in 0.0 seconds
    tftp> get dongle.bin
    Received 3629600 bytes in 7.2 seconds
    tftp> get dongle.bin.config
    Transfer timed out.

The logic for the dongle.bin.config does work if I have a standard tftp server running on the GBPVR box.

Martin

Try this attachment.

That is perfect, now GB-PVR will start mvpmc in emulation mode without a share.

Code:
    # cat /etc/dongle.config
    mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate 172.16.3.2 &
    I've been thinking of ways to use tftp as a way to automate mvpmcx2 loading without a share if Syabas include the mvpmcx2 executable with their firmware and I'm glad since this looks like "startmeup" can be passed this way.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2008-07-20 at 03:56 AM.

So, if I use the pvrx2.exe from subs post above I can then go straight into emulation mode without a share and a config file using version 0.3.4 of mvpmc ?

Or do I additionally need to download the daily build of the dongle from 16th July ?

I read it that you need dongle.bin.config in the dongle directory along with the dongle. I'm not at home at the moment so can't try this.

Anyway, many thanks to the pair of you, shame it wasn't as easy as this before, or I'd have been using your dongle years ago.

You need the updated mvpmc.bin dongle, and the PVRX2.exe, then it'll automatically start in emulation mode without a share or config file.