Thread: Import/export recordings via API?

Import/export recordings via API?

Is the function to import and export recordings dump exposed in the API? I can't find it. If it is, does it have the option to specify the filename?

No, unfortunately its not available via the API. You can run "pvrx2.exe -import:filename" in the background as a work around though.

Good enough for me. Thanks.

Export too?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    No, unfortunately its not available via the API. You can run "pvrx2.exe -import:filename" in the background as a work around though.
    Can pvr 2 be used to export recordings too? I would like to export the recordings daily as part of my data loss recovery mechanism, but obviously do not want to have to do it manually.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbigblue View Post
    Can pvr 2 be used to export recordings too? I would like to export the recordings daily as part of my data loss recovery mechanism, but obviously do not want to have to do it manually.
    Thanks
    pvrx2.exe became obsolete many years ago.

NextPVR exports a list of recordings each night at the time that it does the automatic EPG update. Look in the NextPVR data folder ( http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....InstalledParts ) and you should see .xml files that contain the exported recordings. These .xml files can be re-imported, if necessary, via NextPVR Settings --> Recording.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2