Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky Channel Sync Tool Version 1.0.2

indead the channel names can be changed to anything you want.

but when you refresh the channels the names get reset. This tool was design to allow you to take the standard names from RT and Digi and set / correct / keep in sync with the sky channel numbers.

all pretty simple really...

Out of interest how do you keep the sky channel numbers correct ?
    Last edited by systemshark; 2008-08-19 at 06:25 AM.
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

indead the channel names can be changed to anything you want.

but when you refresh the channels the names get reset.
    I mean I use a script with the Birtles Grabber that renames the channels to what I want and alter the names in Digiguide also to what I want. So the names always remain as per my wishes. Therefore they are a constant?

Out of interest how do you keep the sky channel numbers correct ?
    Ah ha, that's why I'm very interested in your Sync Tool!

The other day I had to manually edit changes to channel numbers and it was very dull! Also of course not to mention the wrong recordings my PVR150 made after calling up the wrong channels via the blaster.

Cheers

Steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

Hi Steeb,

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    I mean I use a script with the Birtles Grabber that renames the channels to what I want and alter the names in Digiguide also to what I want. So the names always remain as per my wishes. Therefore they are a constant?
    I used to do this but I wanted to avoid the 'hassle' of manually mapping the channel names to sky channel numbers so I choose to move to the default names from Radio times and Digiguide and then build a XML list which can be used to match channels to sky numbers.

Basically without some sort of standard channel names it's almost impossibile to match the channels to number with some sort of guarantee position.

Ah ha, that's why I'm very interested in your Sync Tool!

The other day I had to manually edit changes to channel numbers and it was very dull! Also of course not to mention the wrong recordings my PVR150 made after calling up the wrong channels via the blaster.
    Hence the reason for the tools existence. I got very feed up with changes to the lineup being painful to keep in sync with sky.

If you send me a copy your EPG data in XML format... I'll have a go at including your channel names into the XML channel lists.... I'm assuming some of the channels will work now... for example what else will you have called BBC1..... but some channels like Men & Motors. could be anything, I already support Men and Motors, Men & Motors, M&M for example.
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

If you send me a copy your EPG data in XML format... I'll have a go at including your channel names into the XML channel lists.... I'm assuming some of the channels will work now... for example what else will you have called BBC1..... but some channels like Men & Motors. could be anything, I already support Men and Motors, Men & Motors, M&M for example.
    Great Richard. Actually I think I have BBC1 as BBC1 London......

Shall I PM you with file?

Cheers

Steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Great Richard. Actually I think I have BBC1 as BBC1 London......
    cool. I already support BBC 1 London....

Shall I PM you with file?
    I've pm'ed you my email address if you send it there I'll look at it over the next couple of days
    Regards Systemshark

Quote Originally Posted by systemshark View Post
    interesting.... on the radiotimes listing or digiguide ?

yes thought I'd got them right.... I'll have another look

I'll double check as I too think Bravo 2 is at 123.

Thanks for the feedback...
    Hi Martin

I've just loaded the updated Radio Times Listings onto the my server, can you give it a try.....
    Regards Systemshark

I'm back home in the morning, I'll give it a whirl before lunch.

Probably impractical, but something like a preview windows with something like the below may be useful ??

The following changes will be made:-
    Bravo moves from 123 to 121
    ShopJunk has been removed
    Martin

I lived dangerously and did a remote update (after copying the database file!).

Got the below - there are a few more, but I can't stretch the window or find a log....

Copied the database back.

When I get home, I'll see what it is actually doing to channel numbers.
    p.s. My channels names are a mix of upper and lower case i.e. British Eurosport.

Martin

Martin,

From the Picture you'll need to select a Capture Source. I would expect a number of errors during the process without a capture source. Maybe I should stop the update process without the capture card being set.

Log files are generated during execution. I placed them into log directory which should be one directory down from the exe file. To confirm the log location.... run the tool with a /? as a command line and it will report the log files output location.

On the subject of preview window... I'll give it some thought / write some code... (don't hold you're breath) however I have a idea....
    Regards Systemshark

Whoops, sorry. I'd done it a few times and got similar results and I think I grabbed it in too much of a hurry. The box is in use now for a few hours so I can't try much, although I did get a box full when I had selected my Sky source.....

Hopefully more later.
    Martin