Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to initiate auto-search update from a scheduled task

How to initiate auto-search update from a scheduled task

Can anyone else tell me if I can start the auto-search update function from the command line (or any other way). I would like to add it to a scheduled task. This is because sometimes the auto-search seems to miss a few items that are in the EPG. In the config Tab it is possible to click an update button, so i guess it must be possible.

When does auto-search actually run, it is connected with the epg update of GBPVR right?

I could do this command line: "PVRX2.exe -UpdateEPGOnly" But i rather just update the auto-search, as I always see that the search may miss some schedules at first, but that the EPG is loaded fine into the database by GBPVR.

Quote Originally Posted by difdiffer View Post
    Can anyone else tell me if I can start the auto-search update function from the command line (or any other way). I would like to add it to a scheduled task. This is because sometimes the auto-search seems to miss a few items that are in the EPG. In the config Tab it is possible to click an update button, so i guess it must be possible.

When does auto-search actually run, it is connected with the epg update of GBPVR right?

I could do this command line: "PVRX2.exe -UpdateEPGOnly" But i rather just update the auto-search, as I always see that the search may miss some schedules at first, but that the EPG is loaded fine into the database by GBPVR.
    Auto search runs 1 time per day when it has been at least 1 hour since the last EPG update. The check is performed every time you access EWA and the login page is processed.

The code is isolated into a single class within EWA and could be easily ported out to a command line app. All you need to do to run it are the following two lines of code....

Code:
                        SavedSearchUtils searchUtil = new SavedSearchUtils();
                        searchUtil.autoSearch(searchUtil.loadAutoSearches());

Could something similar work for Auto-Record...

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    Could something similar work for Auto-Record...
    Actually it would because auto-record is part of the save search information and when Auto Search runs it looks to see if Auto Record is set for the search and if it is it sets the recording for found matches.

I hate to admit it, but I am at a loss at how to use the code you suggested. Should I make a VB program out of it? Should create my own aspx page wich I then call?

I tried doing the latter, just for the sake of it, but I couldn;t get it to work, and furthermore I do have a password on the site, so I should overcome that problem as well.

Could you unclejoghnsband, or someone else give me some more input so I may learn?

Thanks,

Peter

Drop this into you gbpvr (not gbpvr\web) directory and run it....it does create a log file.....but there isn't much in it....basic GBPVR initialization stuff.

This should execute whatever auto-searches you have saved.

Edit: new version on this post.
    Last edited by UncleJohnsBand; 2008-08-31 at 10:41 PM.

Great stuff...

I've now got the fully automatic search and record facility I always wanted.

It would be worth putting this on the wiki...

Super,

thanks a lot! Now I can go away for a week or two and not bother about having to login to make sure the programs I autosearch are being recorded.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    Great stuff...

I've now got the fully automatic search and record facility I always wanted.

It would be worth putting this on the wiki...
    Yea...but I want to do some code cleanup firtst....it is a real frankensien of code/classes pulled from EWA and thrown into a standalone command line app.....I'll get it there in a little while.....thought I would post it out here first for some testing and feedback first.....

You asked for feedback, here it is.. it works like a charm. thx!