Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does ProgramImageTool work nowadays

To be honest, I haven't really looked at the source in a long time. I still run it at home and still seems to be picking up shows for me.
    Do you have any shows in particular that don't seem to be working?
    If so, please send me the names exactly as they appear in the program guide and I'll take a look at it for you.
    ----------------------
    PVRX2 1.3.11
    Shuttle SG33G5 Case
    Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz -- 4 GB RAM
    Hauppauge PVR-150
    Adaptec AVC-3610 Dual Tuner
    Onboard Intel GMA 3100 through HDMI -- 500GB
    37" Westinghouse LCD (1920 x 1080p)

Projects
    Program Image Tool

I'd have to agree with fhmanas here, even simple old classics like Dr. No seem to be being missed??

I'm not sure if the sites where images could be downloaded could be increased in number, as PIT uses epguides.com, tvguide.com and imdb.com but hit rate is not great.

epguides has some links to other sites http://epguides.com/FAQ/related.html, not sure if there's any option?

One idea I had was, does the gbpvr community have enough existing jpg's to warrant a depositary (and want to do so) where folks could get automatically upload their icon images?
    k.

k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

I had to leave PIT and move over to Javawiz's wizimagegrabber as PIT stopped working for me some time ago (can't remember details).

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/WizUtilities
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Thanks, the direct link is here, if anyone else needs to use it.
    http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/U...owImageGrabber

Like ProgrammeImageTool, just place this line in your PostProcessing.bat to run on files after a show is recorded.

REM PostProcessing.bat addition for Show Image Grabber Tool
    REM This will download an image to the media/art directory.

WizImageGrabber /File:"%~f1"
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

indeed, though this only downloads images for shows that you have recorded.
    As an FYI: I use the utility to download images for as many shows as possible, so they appear in the TV listings plugin

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...=29806&page=10
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Do you run it nightly, or as part of post-processing?
    - Silent client PVR: HDPlex HS.1 aluminium fanless case / Thin-ITX ASRock H81TM-ITX motherboard / Intel Celeron 1850T CPU / 4GB RAM / 120GB SSD / TBS6982 DBS-S2 dual-tuner card / Win10+nPVR+Plex Media Player feeding LG OLED55B6V + Anthem MRX510 AV Receiver / PMC GB1 / B&W / REL speakers.
    - Noisy NAS: Xeon / Intel mobo / 16GB RAM / FreeNAS + Ubuntu VMs on VMware ESXi + 12TB RAID
    running Plex Media Server

creeeeaaaaakkk - sound of thread re-opening...!

If you want images for all shows, I would recommend adding something like this to updatepg.bat

Wizimagebrabber /CreatePlaceholders:true /ForcePlaceholderRefresh:30

if you just want an image lookup for each recording, add something like this to postprocessing.bat

Wizimagebrabber /File:%1

I think they look right. I haven;t got WIG running again since installing win7. Better do that now then.