Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiz Metadata Grabber

Test version with couple bug fixes

Attaches is a test version (1.0.0.3). It needs updated WizUiHelper and WizWebHelper DLLs (included).

It includes:

11/23/08 v1.0.0.3 - WizUiHelper v1.0.19.1 WizWebHelper v1.0.9.1
    * Increased logging
    * Better TheTvDb lookup logic
    * Made coverart entry in metadata relative to xml file
    * Made xml data elements XML safe (ie & = &...)
    * Moved Series override text to main tab
    Last edited by JavaWiz; 2008-11-24 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Uploaded fixed version
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Attaches is a test version (1.0.0.3). It needs updated WizUiHelper and WizWebHelper DLLs (included).

It includes:

11/23/08 v1.0.0.3 - WizUiHelper v1.0.19.1 WizWebHelper v1.0.9.1
    * Increased logging
    * Better TheTvDb lookup logic
    * Made coverart entry in metadata relative to xml file
    * Made xml data elements XML safe (ie & = &...)
    * Moved Series override text to main tab
    MUCH BETTER! Thanks!

Playing with the metadata grabber, and it's really cool.

Is it supposed to try and get clipart though...
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

Quote Originally Posted by zehd View Post
    Playing with the metadata grabber, and it's really cool.

Is it supposed to try and get clipart though...
    Yes, it should generate 2 files:
    1) movieName.xml - the metadata
    2) movieName.jpg - the cover art

It searches TheTvDb for Series/Episodes, if not found (or not Series/Episode), it looks up on IMDB.com, if not found on either, and EPG info exists, it uses the GBPVR program information.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250

Yes, it should generate 2 files:
    1) movieName.xml - the metadata
    2) movieName.jpg - the cover art

It searches TheTvDb for Series/Episodes, if not found (or not Series/Episode), it looks up on IMDB.com, if not found on either, and EPG info exists, it uses the GBPVR program information.
    Well it's not. I should say that this is the first of your tools I have installed so I may be missing another component (I DID get the VJ)

---

There's one other thing maybe you could think about.

I have Torrents of TV shows that are known only as Series name and Season Episode number...

Heroes.S03E05.blah.blah.avi (blah blah is torrent provider junk)

Also, most of everything I download has no spaces, rather periods or sometimes underscores.

I'm also thinking of working with your renamer. I have one too, but no sense reinventing the wheel. One feature I have with my UltraXMLTV_Renamer, which I may be abandoning, is that all spaces are replaced by something (default is period)

That way, when I look at a folder with both recordings and torrents, they all line up

Heroes.S03E03.blah.torrent.blah.avi
    Heroes.S03E04.Forgot.the.ep.title.mpg
    Heroes.S03E05.blah.torrent.blah.avi
    Heroes.S03E06.another.recorded.program.episode.tit le.mpg

Edit: I'm using latest test version from above 1.0.0.3
    Frank Z

Well it's not. I should say that this is the first of your tools I have installed so I may be missing another component (I DID get the VJ)
    A log should be created in gbpvr/logs. If you could post that, I'll take a look.
    There's one other thing maybe you could think about.

I have Torrents of TV shows that are known only as Series name and Season Episode number...

Heroes.S03E05.blah.blah.avi (blah blah is torrent provider junk)

Also, most of everything I download has no spaces, rather periods or sometimes underscores.
    The lookup logic has a RegEx pattern match/replace component that removes the . _ [xx] (xx) patterns and replaces with spaces prior to the lookup.
    If you dl the most current version of WizDLLs, there is a tool called WizRegExFilterTester.exe that you can set the patterns used to manipulate the title (based on filename) for the lookups (there is a set of default patterns already loaded). Note, the lookup logic expects series/episides to be in a delimited format with either -_| .

You can also view the results using the interactive version of WizRenameRecording (no command line parms), it allows you to pick a file and hit 'Evaluate' to determine what the resulting Title lookup string is.
    I'm also thinking of working with your renamer. I have one too, but no sense reinventing the wheel. One feature I have with my UltraXMLTV_Renamer, which I may be abandoning, is that all spaces are replaced by something (default is period)

That way, when I look at a folder with both recordings and torrents, they all line up
    Good idea, I'll see about adding that feature as an option in the next version.

Missing hits in IMDB and no Covers

JavaWiz,

I am also trying out the metagrabber and am running it on a small subset of movies prior to running it on my collection. However, there are a couple of issues that I dont understand.

1. Some movies are not found, even after entering a new title. Using the same search string as found in the logs, I am finding the movie with no problem (http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt;q=Last+Waltz)

Code:
    WizMetadataGrabber: LookupMovie()- BEGIN. File : C:\Documents and Settings\anders.gerdin\My Documents\Anders Documents\Personal\temp\The Last Waltz.avi
    2008-11-28 09:23:42.497	VERBOSE	[1]	WizMetadataGrabber: LookupMovie()-        Title: The Last Waltz 
    2008-11-28 09:23:42.497	VERBOSE	[1]	WizMetadataGrabber: LookupMovie()- 1. NOT found in db
    2008-11-28 09:23:42.497	VERBOSE	[1]	AWizScraper:   filterShowName()- Title: The Last Waltz
    2008-11-28 09:23:42.497	VERBOSE	[1]	AWizScraper:   filterShowName()- Returns: The Last Waltz
    2008-11-28 09:23:42.497	VERBOSE	[1]	HttpInfoGrabber: ProcessHttpRequest()- http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt;q=The+Last+Waltz
    2008-11-28 09:23:44.152	VERBOSE	[1]	WizMetadataGrabber: LookupMovie()- 3. NOT found on IMDB
    2008-11-28 09:23:50.240	VERBOSE	[1]	WizMetadataGrabber: LookupMovie()- BEGIN. File : C:\Documents and Settings\anders.gerdin\My Documents\Anders Documents\Personal\temp\The Last Waltz.avi
    2008-11-28 09:23:50.240	VERBOSE	[1]	WizMetadataGrabber: LookupMovie()-        Title: Last Waltz 
    2008-11-28 09:23:50.256	VERBOSE	[1]	WizMetadataGrabber: LookupMovie()- 1. NOT found in db
    2008-11-28 09:23:50.256	VERBOSE	[1]	AWizScraper:   filterShowName()- Title: Last Waltz
    2008-11-28 09:23:50.256	VERBOSE	[1]	AWizScraper:   filterShowName()- Returns: Last Waltz
    2008-11-28 09:23:50.256	VERBOSE	[1]	HttpInfoGrabber: ProcessHttpRequest()- http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt;q=Last+Waltz
    2008-11-28 09:23:51.739	VERBOSE	[1]	WizMetadataGrabber: LookupMovie()- 3. NOT found on IMDB
    2. No covers are beeing saved even though the path in the log is pointing to a cover (http://www.imdb.com/rg/action-box-ti...7776/tt0372784).

Let me know if Im doing something wrong,

Thanks,

\\Agerdin

A log should be created in gbpvr/logs. If you could post that, I'll take a look.
    Here you go...

And should there be a preview of the cover art in the GUI?
    Frank Z

Here you go...

And should there be a preview of the cover art in the GUI?
    Earlier versions had this working but as I said in my post no covers are being saved hence not shown in the GUI. Zehd, do you get .jpg posters saved?

\\Agerdin

Another thing... The IMDB grabber isn't taking the Exact match over the Popular match

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=The...lleros&x=0&y=0

Popular comes first, as Three Amigos aka The Three Caballeros

Then there's an exact match of The Three Caballeros (1944)

I wonder if there's a way to have a browser open to IMDB, when the grabber isn't completely sure,so that you can easily see what it's having trouble over. It would be much easier to give the grabber what it wants, rather than what it sees...
    Frank Z