Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another guide enhancer :0)

GuidePlus: Yet another guide enhancer :0)

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/GuidePlus

Its a command line xml enhancer (only tried on schedules direct) that is very quick, doesn't explode when your internet connection is down and does a few basic things.

Movies - adds 3 things to the title - star rating, year released, and if its new to the guide. For example 30 days of night would look like this during the first few weeks after it hits your guide:

30 Days of Night (2.5+)(2007)(new)

For the first few weeks as it builds a history pretty much all movies made within two years will show up as new but as the history grows it will only tag movies that are new to your guide history as new.

Series - adds a * to the title if its new, moves A, An and The to the back. Does a tvRage lookup on specified series to get the season and episode number which it prepends to the subtitle. So The Sons of Anarchy would look like this:
    Title- Sons of Anarchy, The*
    Subtitle- s1e4. Jaxson five

YMMV - I wrote it because the enhancer I used kept freezing in the middle of the night and actually taking my machine down, plus I wanted the new movie function. Don't expect a whole bunch of support or extra features but its been running great for me for 2 weeks now so I thought I would let it into the wild. Note that you have to create a seed showDetail.txt file to get the series episode # working.
    Last edited by carpeVideo; 2009-06-12 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carpeVideo View Post
    http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/GuidePlus

YMMV - I wrote it because the enhancer I used kept freezing in the middle of the night and actually taking my machine down, plus I wanted the new movie function. Don't expect a whole bunch of support or extra features but its been running great for me for 2 weeks now so I thought I would let it into the wild. Note that you have to create a seed showDetail.txt file to get the series episode # working.
    Shucks , if you were (using mine and) having troubles we could have worked it out...
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

LOL - I had yours working great for a while, its a very nice app. But I guess I wanted to be master of my own guide destiny plus wanted the learning experience.

CV

Ok, so when are you guys going to add a setting to flag repeats and not new programs so I don't have to write my own.

I would like to have:
    Heroes
    Heroes (Rpt)

instead of:
    Heroes *
    Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by carpeVideo View Post
    LOL - I had yours working great for a while, its a very nice app. But I guess I wanted to be master of my own guide destiny plus wanted the learning experience.

CV
    Truth be told, that's why I program...
    Frank Z

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    Ok, so when are you guys going to add a setting to flag repeats and not new programs so I don't have to write my own.

I would like to have:
    Heroes
    Heroes (Rpt)

instead of:
    Heroes *
    Heroes
    Get the new .3 version (which also fixes a history file bug) and use the (undocumented) repeat= switch, in your case repeat=(rpt) and that is what it will do!

Cool. I'll try it out after the nightly recordings are finished.

No,... not you whurlston....
    Frank Z

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post

I would like to have:
    Heroes
    Heroes (Rpt)

instead of:
    Heroes *
    Heroes
    I haven't seenm this till now.... My Mind Reading app, 2.0 isn't ready yet
    Frank Z

lol. That would explain why you hadn't sent me your code for UltraXMLTv so I can upgrade it to VB.net but I'm taking carpeVideo's thread too far off topic. Sorry.