Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Slimm GB-PVR Helper error'

Arrow

Thank you. I've altered how the auto-restart recording service logic works and, if i've done my sums correctly, you shouldn't get any warning or action now unless the recording service running check fails five times.

Download Slimm GBPVR.

Please let me know if it has worked.
    Akasa Zen case, AMD Phenom II X3 720, 4.00Gb Ram, Sapphire ATI Radeon 4890, Terratec Terratec Cinergy 2400i Twin Digital Tuner, 1050Gb storage, Windows 7 Home Premium.
    See my blog for releases, HD wallpapers, movie, game and anime reviews and more.

GB-PVR Recording Service restarted successfully. :-) :-) :-)

Excellent (and FAST!) work. :-)

Thanks!
    E4600 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro, Nvidia GT710, HDHomeRun Prime, NPVR 4.2.4
    On a clear disk, you can seek forever...

So, no balloon?
    Akasa Zen case, AMD Phenom II X3 720, 4.00Gb Ram, Sapphire ATI Radeon 4890, Terratec Terratec Cinergy 2400i Twin Digital Tuner, 1050Gb storage, Windows 7 Home Premium.
    See my blog for releases, HD wallpapers, movie, game and anime reviews and more.

There is a balloon, but it is a happy balloon that says "GB-PVR Recording Service restarted successfully".

I put GB-PVR in Maintenance Mode to install a PVRX2 patch. On restart, I got the popup box telling me that the recording service wasn't started (but it was running). Does the restart function in Maintenance Mode call a different set of restart code than the "restart recording service" link calls?

No biggie, but just thought I'd mention it while the fix is fresh in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryH3 View Post
    I put GB-PVR in Maintenance Mode to install a PVRX2 patch. On restart, I got the popup box telling me that the recording service wasn't started (but it was running). Does the restart function in Maintenance Mode call a different set of restart code than the "restart recording service" link calls?

No biggie, but just thought I'd mention it while the fix is fresh in your mind.
    Um, no, it's the same restart function and should have displayed the same "service restarted successfully balloon."

I just tried it on mine. I entered Maintenance Mode, then unchecked Maintenance Mode. Then I entered Maintenance Mode, then Tools/Restart recording service. Both displayed the "service restarted successfully" balloon.

If, by restart, you mean you restarted the computer, then Slimm GBPVR performs two checks when it first runs. These are a separate check to the auto-restart-service feature. I suspect you saw the first balloon because auto-restart-service is disabled by Maintenance Mode and you have to turn it back on by unchecking Maintenance Mode.

1. If the recording service is not running and auto-restart is disabled when Slimm GVPVR is run then the balloon reads: "The recording service is not running. You can restart the recording service from the Tools menu by selecting the Restart Recording Service option or by unchecking Maintenance Mode."
    2. If the recording service is running but auto-restart-service feature is disabled the balloon reads: "Auto-restart recording service not active. You can enable this feature by unchecking Maintenance Mode on the Tools menu."

I didn't restart the PC, just the service. I had entered maintenance mode to replace pvrx2.exe with a patched version. Afterwards I just selected maintenance mode again and the service restarted, but I got the popup window saying something about the service not running, even though it was. Alas, I just tried entering and exiting maintenance mode again and everything worked fine, so I'm at a loss to explain it now.