Thread: Tool crashes in Windows XP SP3

Exclamation Tool crashes in Windows XP SP3

UPDATE: I've just noticed an entry under Start->All Programs->Channel Logo Tool - there's an item "Microsoft Primary Operability Assemblies 2005". I clicked on that and it appeared to install additional files. Now, when I run the Channel Logo Tool, it no longer crashes. Am I being daft? I didn't see any reference to this in the tool's installation documentation. Anyway, maybe this post will help others . Thanks for the handy utility!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've installed this tool without any difficulty, but when I run it, it crashes at a point with an unhandled exception indicating that it can't load file "Microsoft.mshtml". This occurs after it has opened a window and allowed me to drill down through selecting station icons. When I click on "next", the crash occurs. This is the point in the instructions as follows: "Select an icon of a channel you’re familiar with. CLT will load and display a series of icons including the one you’ve selected. These will be in alphabetical order. When this page has loaded, click “Next”. ".

Attached is a .txt file with the full output from the crash message.

I am running on a stable HTPC running Windows XP SP3 as the only user with full admin rights. .Net 1.1 and 2.0 SP1 are installed (if that matters). GB-PVR (latest version) runs well.

What's wrong?
    Last edited by cobrajet; 2009-01-04 at 08:57 PM.

hi

Which version are you running??? , I'd thought I'd got this resolved within the installer. This was an issue in the older installers or so I thought ???
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

Glad I found this post as I have had the same problem but running the program mentioned above has fixed.

Running Version latest version @ 28/05/09
    Siemens Scaleo E, P4 3.2GHz, 2Gb Ram, Win XP, 2 x Nova-DVB-S2 Cards, 1 x Nova-DT Card, 1Tb HDD. Samsung BD-F6500

It does not seem to run in Vista 64

Quote Originally Posted by zilwin View Post
    It does not seem to run in Vista 64
    errr I'll look into Vista 64...
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR