Thread: Navigation problem in Skiptool

Navigation problem in Skiptool

I have a problem in skiptool where I can no longer get over to the right hand sign of the screen to navigate to a folder. (i'm using this primarily with a remote on the MVP). On my computer I can click on the folder navigation pane and it works, but can't move right and left with the remote (or arrow keys). I think this started when I updated to the latest MovieWiz? Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
    Leaded1
    Server - AMD 6 Core windows 10 with Hauppage WINTV-PVR2 USB2, HDHomerun Dual, and WINTV-HVR 1600 tuners | Clients -PCH A-100 and iOS

Quote Originally Posted by leaded1 View Post
    I have a problem in skiptool where I can no longer get over to the right hand sign of the screen to navigate to a folder. (i'm using this primarily with a remote on the MVP). On my computer I can click on the folder navigation pane and it works, but can't move right and left with the remote (or arrow keys). I think this started when I updated to the latest MovieWiz? Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
    Leaded1
    I'll look into it tonight. Skiptool does use a dll from JavaWiz so there might be an issue there.
    GBpvr PC: Intel Celeron 1.8 Ghz. 768 Mb WinXp Home Sp2
    Video: Diamond 128 Mb 9550
    Capture Cards: PVR-150 & PVR-150 MCE w/fm + 2x MVP
    Author of: BurnDVDX2 and Skiptool

Quote Originally Posted by pastro View Post
    I'll look into it tonight. Skiptool does use a dll from JavaWiz so there might be an issue there.
    Yeah there is a problem with navigation with the new version of the dll. Same problem in burndvdx2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pastro View Post
    Yeah there is a problem with navigation with the new version of the dll. Same problem in burndvdx2 as well.

The tab key works from the keyboard, I don't remember if that is mapped on the remote.

Thanks!

Thanks for diagnosing the problem. I thought i was going crazy there when I first noticed it. I scanned through the wiki and it doesn't look like TAB is mapped by default. Could I just add a skiptool.xml to the keymappings folder, or would the plugin have to have this coded in?
    Thanks for your help,
    Leaded1
    Server - AMD 6 Core windows 10 with Hauppage WINTV-PVR2 USB2, HDHomerun Dual, and WINTV-HVR 1600 tuners | Clients -PCH A-100 and iOS

Quote Originally Posted by leaded1 View Post
    Thanks for diagnosing the problem. I thought i was going crazy there when I first noticed it. I scanned through the wiki and it doesn't look like TAB is mapped by default. Could I just add a skiptool.xml to the keymappings folder, or would the plugin have to have this coded in?
    Thanks for your help,
    Leaded1
    I've added tab to the remote for Hauppauge but I would hold off on making changes. JavaWiz gave me an updated dll and the problem goes away. I'm waiting for the go ahead to distribute it.

Problem solved

I grabbed the WizUIHelper.dll file that JavaWiz posted on your other thread and it fixed the problem for me too.

Thanks again!