Thread: PowerEvent

PowerEvent

I sometimes get this error in the application logs (Windows XP) (mostly I get 'handled successfully') when the machine is going in and out of hibernation.

Failed in handling the PowerEvent. The error that occurred was: System.Threading.ThreadStateException: Thread is running or terminated; it cannot restart.
    at System.Threading.Thread.StartupSetApartmentStateIn ternal()
    at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
    at BGowland.DVBTRadio.DvbtrService.OnPowerEvent(Power BroadcastStatus powerStatus) in C:\Documents and Settings\gbpvr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\DVB-T Radio\DvbtrService\DvbtrService.cs:line 336
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.DeferredPowerEve nt(Int32 eventType, IntPtr eventData).

does anyone know what it means?

If you zip and attach the DvbtrService.log I'll take a look.

Cheers,
    Brian

log files

...clips of all logs from 19th and 20th. As you can see, DVBT radio gave me some PVRX2 hang ups on the 19th and I stopped the service on the 20th when I updated GBPVR to latest version. The machine normally goes in and out of hibernation all day for recording and playback.

OK, thanks. I think I've worked out the problem. I'll be uploading a new version in the near-ish future and it should hopefully be fixed in that.

Cheers,
    Brian

Hi Brian

Did you have any luck nailing this problem?

I get this error in my event log and I have a small suspicion that the dvb-t service is stopping my pc from hibernating.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Urrrm - not sure.

The dvb radio project got de-railed for various reasons and I'm trying to get back on track.

I know I fixed it to stop the error message but I can't remember if I cured the problem that might prevent hibernate.

I know I've been saying I'll upload a new version 'soon' for the past few months but this time I will (honest) hopefully this weekend. I'm just about to review the code to remind me where I've got to.

Cheers,
    Brian