Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Cinema Plugin v7.3 - now with Google Movies!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,451

    Cinema Plugin v7.3 - now with Google Movies!

    I'm planning on re-vamping the plugin (both behind the scenes and user interface wise) and reducing the showtimes sources to just the one, Google Movies.

    This is an international site and doing a bit of research it looks like Google Movies covers quite a few countries. I would request that (in as many countries as possible) try this out and see if it works in your country, and works well.

    As always, comments and suggestions welcome
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    809
    The version on the wiki is listed as V7.3, but it downloads V7.2...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,451

    Red face Doh!

    Try downloading again.
    Last edited by McBainUK; 2009-01-27 at 03:08 PM.
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    809
    Updated link works...

    I have attached my logs for my first run, along with my generated XML files.

    I am not downloading trailers ATM, or info from imdb.

    I am not getting any film information though, just the film times. I'm thinking this is possibly because that is all Google gives you, and IMDB is needed to get the rest.

    My movie theatre IDs are:
    near=15825&tid=a2d838740a2a2c48
    near=15825&tid=5792d72cb294460c

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,451
    Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    I have attached my logs for my first run, along with my generated XML files.
    Thanks for the zip file - it had contains all the files I need

    Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    I am not getting any film information though, just the film times.
    In this trial release all the film info is shown on the Synopsis page of the film info popup (below the film title), it doesn't split it up over the Info/Cast pages. This will most likely be re-deisgned in a Google only version (and more use made of IMDB).
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    In this trial release all the film info is shown on the Synopsis page of the film info popup (below the film title), it doesn't split it up over the Info/Cast pages. This will most likely be re-deisgned in a Google only version (and more use made of IMDB).
    OK. Looks like the synopsis field is getting filled in.

    Should I be getting posters? If I check the "Use IMDB..." checkbox, should that be working?

    I tried downloading trailers, but I am getting time out errors at the moment. So that's probably my connection.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,451
    Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    I'm thinking this is possibly because that is all Google gives you, and IMDB is needed to get the rest.
    Google gives you a bit, example: Bride Wars: "1hr 30min‎‎ - Rated PG‎‎ - Comedy"

    It also has a star-based review summary (which maybe scrape-able in future)
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,451
    Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    Should I be getting posters? If I check the "Use IMDB..." checkbox, should that be working?
    I don't see why not, nothing else has changed. At the moment Google Movies just acts like any other source.
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    I don't see why not, nothing else has changed. At the moment Google Movies just acts like any other source.
    Hmmm, I am getting this for the posters:
    Code:
    01/27/2009 11:20:49 AM    IMDB Grabber - Found film: 'Bride Wars'
    01/27/2009 11:20:49 AM    Attempting to fill film details gaps for film: 'Bride Wars'
    01/27/2009 11:20:49 AM    Downloading image ''
    01/27/2009 11:20:49 AM    Download failed! Invalid URI: The URI is empty.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,451
    Will look into it.
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •