Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Iplayer Downloader Plugin - Beta + Support

Scheduled a few items to download tonight. Like the way you provided download options in the GUI and also like the on-screen reminder of the schedule period alongside engine version.

The 4th item is listed in the 5th slot of the "Status and progress" list with the 4th slot being empty except when the highlighter moves down to that slot when the 4th item is shown there also. It continues to be shown while either the 4th or 5th item is highlighted regardless of the direction of movement of the highlight. Used PCH to create schedule list but this quirk also applies to list when viewed via MVP.

Just an aside: is it considered not worth putting an X/Y counter on screen in such lists together with up and down arrows or is it too problematic for the benefits in search results and the like? I guess there just isn't room to crowbar this in and still have a useful length of list.
    Server: Dual-Core E2180@2GHz; 2GB ECC; onboard ES1000 graphics (but headless).
    WinXP-MCE SP2; DirectX 9.0c; GB-PVR 1.4.7.
    PVR-150MCE kit (1063) with USB beanbag/blaster.
    External Sat. Tuner: Silvercrest SL65
    Internal Sat. Tuner: VideoMate S350 DVB-S
    MediaMVPs: 86002 D3A; 86002 E1; 86020 H3. All using mvpmc.
    PCH A-100.

Just-installed-the-update-with-no-problems
    thanks-again-for-your-time&effort

Now-I-have-to-try-and-fix-my-spacebar

...oh, hang on...

Hmmm. If the glitch I reported yesterday isn't reproducible then forget it as I seem to also have other issues which may mean problems at my end.

Only the first item (HQ with HD if poss) was downloaded in the schedule period and displays in the "Status & Progress" list with status of "Download Complete" rather than the "See Recordings" I'm used to. Selecting it shows the "Stop Dwnld" & Cancel buttons. The 1280x720 mp4 file is in the "just passing through" directory (as I don't auto-delete) and it plays in VLC but only the jpg is in the newly-created directory in the Recordings hierarchy. I don't convert for the PCH. Server is always-on.

Not sure what I've done wrong. Should I have uninstalled before installing? Might give that a go. Visiting family swarming all over the place so limited opportunity to shutdown and/or investigate without the ankle-biters getting even noisier.
    Server: Dual-Core E2180@2GHz; 2GB ECC; onboard ES1000 graphics (but headless).
    WinXP-MCE SP2; DirectX 9.0c; GB-PVR 1.4.7.
    PVR-150MCE kit (1063) with USB beanbag/blaster.
    External Sat. Tuner: Silvercrest SL65
    Internal Sat. Tuner: VideoMate S350 DVB-S
    MediaMVPs: 86002 D3A; 86002 E1; 86020 H3. All using mvpmc.
    PCH A-100.

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    Hmmm. If the glitch I reported yesterday isn't reproducible then forget it as I seem to also have other issues which may mean problems at my end.

Only the first item (HQ with HD if poss) was downloaded in the schedule period and displays in the "Status & Progress" list with status of "Download Complete" rather than the "See Recordings" I'm used to. Selecting it shows the "Stop Dwnld" & Cancel buttons. The 1280x720 mp4 file is in the "just passing through" directory (as I don't auto-delete) and it plays in VLC but only the jpg is in the newly-created directory in the Recordings hierarchy. I don't convert for the PCH. Server is always-on.

Not sure what I've done wrong. Should I have uninstalled before installing? Might give that a go. Visiting family swarming all over the place so limited opportunity to shutdown and/or investigate without the ankle-biters getting even noisier.
    If the status is stuck on download complete it is likely that there was a problem either writing to the database or creating directorys, the issue should have been shown up in the logs. If you see it more regularly let me know.

As for the list position numbering, I might see if I can add it in the next build.
    Antec Fusion Silver
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64
    Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual Tuner
    ATI x1250 HDMI Output to 40 in LCD WS TV
    AMD 4000+
    Logitech Harmony using internal IR Rx

Quote Originally Posted by JEF View Post
    Just-installed-the-update-with-no-problems
    thanks-again-for-your-time&effort

Now-I-have-to-try-and-fix-my-spacebar
    No Probs, you could always use the alt key combitation for the space character, might take a while to write though
    Antec Fusion Silver
    AMD 4000+

Just in case anyone else searches this thread for information on why Getiplayer+ crashes pvrx2, I can confirm that my experience was due having the commonGVPRutils from the stock gbpvr installation in the devnz directory.

In my case selecting Getiplayer+ from the menu caused the system to freeze, with task manager showing the CPU at 100%. Nothing recorded in the logs after the menu selection of Getiplayer

One other point I note is that once a recording is scheduled, it seems it cannot be deleted.
    Selecting the recording from the list puts up the detail of the programme again with a delete and a cancel button, but only the cancel button appears to work

Quote Originally Posted by drdr6 View Post
    One other point I note is that once a recording is scheduled, it seems it cannot be deleted.
    Selecting the recording from the list puts up the detail of the programme again with a delete and a cancel button, but only the cancel button appears to work
    Yup, that is a bug, I will fix it in the next release
    Antec Fusion Silver
    AMD 4000+

Arrow New Plugin Version 3.0.0.443 Released

This is a minor release to fix a few niggles that I had with the HD searches on the Iplayer website. The new behaviour is that if the HD downloads are enabled in the config page then the HD Available text will be flagged for all HD downloads that are available.

I have also fixed various GUI issues with removal of shows, position of cursor on selections etc.

The new version is available from the wiki. As an aside i would suggest that you stop the GBPVR recording service before you un-install and re-install the plugin. This seems to make the installation smoother.
    Antec Fusion Silver
    AMD 4000+

I have just installed the update and it worked 1st time but the config and program says it is version 3.0.0441 ,have I downloaded the wrong version or is 443 a"typo"

Thanks again for your time & effort

I think I must have been in Dr Who's TARDIS the time now is 8.29 but the time of post is 8.37
    Last edited by JEF; 2010-01-07 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Time Travelling