Thread: Install problems

Install problems

I must be missing something stupid but I can't install the XSuite plugins. I am using the latest version of gb-pvr 1.3.11 and the beta v50 of Xsuite. Clicked on xrecord-setup.exe and enabled the plugins in the plugins tab of config. The plugins show up in the main PVRX2 menu but when I select them nothing happens. I found the dlls in the plugin directory. This all is in XP Media Edition.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What skin are you using? Have you tried with 'blue'?
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

Haven't changed the skin from the standard one, whatever that is.

Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs located in the \Logs folder.
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

Attached is my logs directory. I installed the plugins and tried to run them.

I was under the impression that "Blue" was the only skin that plugins were required to supply. The PVRX2 default skin seems to have become "Slick" instead of "Blue". Isn't this a problem that the default installation of PVRX2 doesn't work with most plugins?

Changing the skin to Blue instead of slick should allow XSuite plugins to work.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

OK, I see you mean the Blue skin that is a choice on the first config screen.

I got the plugin to work now. Are there other skins that the plugin works with?

Thanks for your help. I'm new to this program and didn't know the lingo.
    Last edited by richardcoop2; 2009-03-09 at 12:43 AM.

Glad to hear you got things working.

The community skin has XSuite support. See details here.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

The latest XSuite on the wiki should allow you to run even when set to Slick since it will notice the missing skin and fallback to blue.