Thread: Newbie Question Watch Now and MVP

Newbie Question Watch Now and MVP

My current set up is GB-PVR on my PC (in my home office it is are main PC) and a wired MVP in the family room connected to the plasma. Will this plug in allow me to download movies via our Netflix account to watch on the plasma?

Thanks for your time.

Tim

I'm not sure if the plugin will even run on an MVP. It will run on a PCH NMT and you can browse and download (with a non silverlight account) but you can't watch the movies due to the DRM. DRM playback is only supported from a PC device.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    I'm not sure if the plugin will even run on an MVP. It will run on a PCH NMT and you can browse and download (with a non silverlight account) but you can't watch the movies due to the DRM. DRM playback is only supported from a PC device.
    Hey Whurlston, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if there was a new list yet? I try to log on here everyday to check, but I do not try to do it through the plug in because I think it causes hitches in my recordings when I use it without rebooting. (That last is not a problem really, I just reboot after I am done watching).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaulDuke View Post
    Hey Whurlston, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if there was a new list yet? I try to log on here everyday to check, but I do not try to do it through the plug in because I think it causes hitches in my recordings when I use it without rebooting. (That last is not a problem really, I just reboot after I am done watching).

Thanks
    Close. Real close. I've got most of it working, but I have to add a few more fields (like the description, star ratings and program length). I'm also making a method where other people can update the list.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    Close. Real close. I've got most of it working, but I have to add a few more fields (like the description, star ratings and program length). I'm also making a method where other people can update the list.
    That is nothing short of awesome, thanks for the update!

MVP and NetFlix Watch Now

Thank you for yor reply. Maybe I am missing something. I can use my Netflix account to both manage and watch movies on my PC. I am not sure what the advantage would be of using this plugin with GB-PVR if it doesn't allow me to stream the movie to the TV.

Looking at the NetFlix site they sell a Roku digital player. http://www.roku.com/netflixplayer/in...tm_campaign=HT Looks like it hooks to the internat connection then to the TV. I would then order movies from the PC and watch on the TV.
    This is what I was hoping this plugin would allow. But you say it won't do that?

Sorry if I am missing something but I don't understand what I can do with this plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCoe View Post
    Sorry if I am missing something but I don't understand what I can do with this plugin.
    Unfortunately, the plugin won't benefit you a whole lot. If you were using a PC client, it would be a good plugin for you but since you are using an MVP it won't work. I wish I could give you better news but unfortunately, it's out of my control. You would need to strip the DRM from the movies before you could watch them using the MVP.

My next major version of the plugin has some planned features that you will be able to use. I plan on implementing full DVD and Watch Instantly queue management but you still would not be able to stream. Before I get to work on that, I need to finish rebuilding the current plugin though.