Thread: Need to check for Live TV with GBPVRcli

Need to check for Live TV with GBPVRcli

I'm 90% sure that I've figured out why timeshift is stopping after 5 minutes, as well as Graphrecorder losing its abillity to cancel recordings. As usual, it's my fault.

I have a polling batch file that uses GBPVRcli to check for in-progress and pending recordings, and otherwise restarts the recording service. This is to help me manage my streaming stations from TVUPlayer and other sources. What I didn't realise is that GBPVRcli does not register a timeshifting station as an "inprogress" recording.

Is there any way to use the CLI to either check for recordings that are timeshifting, or check to see if the player is active?

Quote Originally Posted by keith_leitch View Post
    Is there any way to use the CLI to either check for recordings that are timeshifting, or check to see if the player is active?
    GBPVRcli doesn't have that ability but you can look at the LiveTV Buffer Directory yourself. The directory is set under GB-PVR Configuration / Directories. Just look for the latest .mpg file (or whatever format your multiplexer outputs to). The .mpg file will be called whatever the program that was on when you first pressed pause or entered timeshift mode.

"dir *.mpg /od /tw /b" will list the files with the latest modified file on the last but one (!) line or, to put it another way, the last line with something in it.

A /livetv switch is something that is on my todo list but updating GBPVRcli isn't really on my radar at the moment.
    Akasa Zen case, AMD Phenom II X3 720, 4.00Gb Ram, Sapphire ATI Radeon 4890, Terratec Terratec Cinergy 2400i Twin Digital Tuner, 1050Gb storage, Windows 7 Home Premium.
    See my blog for releases, HD wallpapers, movie, game and anime reviews and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Slimm View Post
    GBPVRcli doesn't have that ability but you can look at the LiveTV Buffer Directory yourself. The directory is set under GB-PVR Configuration / Directories. Just look for the latest .mpg file (or whatever format your multiplexer outputs to). The .mpg file will be called whatever the program that was on when you first pressed pause or entered timeshift mode.

"dir *.mpg /od /tw /b" will list the files with the latest modified file on the last but one (!) line or, to put it another way, the last line with something in it.
    Eerie. That's amlost exactly what I did. I used /o-d /tw /b to make the most recently-changed file the first one written. I then try to delete it; if it still exists after that, it means live TV is playing.

It never occurred to me that I might have an idea as good as one of yours...

Arrow Solved in next release

Quote Originally Posted by keith_leitch View Post
    The next release of GBPVRcli will contain a /tunerstatus switch that you could use to determine whether a tuner is being used for live TV. It will show you the same information that you get in the About box from the SlimmGBPVR tray utility.
    Akasa Zen case, AMD Phenom II X3 720, 4.00Gb Ram, Sapphire ATI Radeon 4890, Terratec Terratec Cinergy 2400i Twin Digital Tuner, 1050Gb storage, Windows 7 Home Premium.
    See my blog for releases, HD wallpapers, movie, game and anime reviews and more.