Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DVB Radio v1.6 uploaded to wiki

The mp3 files created by the plugin are 0KB. The region has always been set to Craigkelly, I am within range of Black Hill too I think, but if I set Black Hill in config I get no signal on TV channels, whereas with Craigkelly i do get signal. Regardless, in config the region is Craigkelly.

Tried replacing the db3 files and forcing a rescan, but when I click play it still crashes.

Could it be that for some reason the radio channels are locking to Black Hill, but not getting enough signal to play? Even though region is set to Craigkelly?

Quote Originally Posted by JEF View Post
    I am a firm believer in "If its not broke fix it until it breaks". I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 and it broke !! with the same symtoms as HaMMus.(I have got a Hauppauge Nova TD USB Stick)
    I have tried your latest fix and it is working again with no problems.
    Thanks again for all your time and effort.
    You're welcome - enjoy. I'll try not to break too many things in the future (although I seem to be doing it at an alarming rate).

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by HaMMuS View Post
    The mp3 files created by the plugin are 0KB.
    OK I'll add some code at some point to check for 0KB files.

The region has always been set to Craigkelly
    I've worked out what's wrong - it seems Craigkelly must be a 'daughter' of Black Hill. The result of this is the Craigkelly Network Information Table carries the service (channel) details for Black Hill. I'm sure this is technically a bug in UK DVB-T Service Information but who am I to criticise?

I had a workaround for this but recent changes in the scanning logic have overridden it. I'll get back to you with a fix.

Cheers,
    Brian

Aaah - thinking about it, there are more recent binaries in this post...

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=13

Could you try these please? During a scan, it should insert the frequencies actually being used and ignore the erroneous NIT data.

Cheers,
    Brian

That's fixed it! Radio is working perfectly now! Thanks so much again for your help Brian, do you want my logs to see what's happening and what's changed?

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by HaMMuS View Post
    That's fixed it! Radio is working perfectly now! Thanks so much again for your help Brian, do you want my logs to see what's happening and what's changed?
    Woohoo!

Sorry it took so long and thanks for your perseverance.

I think I know what the logs will look like but could you post the DvbrServiceMessenger.log please? It could be useful for future reference.

Cheers,
    Brian

Here you go! Thanks again Brian, hope this comes in useful if you ever need it.

Mikey

Just crashes for me when I try to go into it via the main menu, even after trying all the posted fixes.

Looking at the log it seems it failing to find a .NET 3.5 DLL (System.Data.DataSetExtensions). What version of .NET do you have?
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    Looking at the log it seems it failing to find a .NET 3.5 DLL (System.Data.DataSetExtensions). What version of .NET do you have?
    Thanks, updated it and now working