Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: No channels for me in New Zealand

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    31
    So I decided to put everything back how it was in the DvbRadio.xml file. And this time the DVB-T plugin worked perfectly Logs attached.

    NB: See previous post for your requested logs.

    PS: Everythings working fine the next day, after a cold reboot
    Last edited by StumpyB; 2009-05-07 at 06:17 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,543
    Hi Simon,

    Sorry for the delayed response I've been busy the past couple of days.

    How has the plugin behaved for you since your last post?

    Just to clarify things - you actually have (or had) two separate problems.

    The first is lack of sound when attempting to play a station. It isn't actually just lack of sound, it's the fact that the playback graph has failed to run (start) altogether.

    I can pretty much guarantee that any time you get failed playback, there will be the following message in the DvbrServiceMessageHandler.log
    07/05/2009 17:52:08.821 RunGraph() threw exception: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    I have no idea what's causing it but would suspect the drivers. I've seen this error sporadically in all of the logs you've posted.

    The other issue is the dvbr service crash which isn't related to the above. I still think it's to do with it trying to read/write EPG data to/from the DvbRadio.db3 file but don't know why. Changing those xml settings wouldn't have any effect on the first problem but I was hoping it would prevent the crash.

    I'm hoping to get another minor version out soon and I'll add some proper feedback to warn if the graph has failed to start - at least then you'll know why you get no sound.

    Cheers,
    Brian

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    31
    Hi Brian.

    Well, when it works it works perfectly. And when it crashes I can't get it to work again, it keeps crashing the DvbrService.exe as described. I just tried both of the XML changes now (I am getting crashes every time). Makes no difference, continues crashing.

    Yes, if you add more logging I will retry and post my logs. If it is a driver issue it would be nice to know for sure which twin DVB-T model (perhaps with a single DVB-S for EPG downloads) would not have this issue under VISTA 64 (changing to Windows 7 64 when released), because I would consider side-grading. Actually, I will probably wait for Windows 7 and see whether the same error occurs there before changing hardware.

    Cheers, Simon.
    Last edited by StumpyB; 2009-05-10 at 08:16 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,543
    I'll add a popup box to show errors if the graph fails to start and perhaps try to rebuild and restart the graph for certain errors - the weird thing is that looking at your logs it shows that a subsequent retry can work as if the first attempt "bump starts" things.

    On the subject of the crashes and my EPG/database theory, could you set this one and leave it permanently set...
    <AutoGetEPG>false</AutoGetEPG>
    It overrides the other setting and should prevent any attempt to get EPG data and the periodic polling of the DB. When you make the change, do a reboot just to make sure that it's starting clean.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    31
    Have done. It still crashes DvbrService.exe, then immediately after the crash I can successfully watch a live TV channel.

    Wierd that the driver has such a problem with DVB-T radio, but relatively few DVB-T TV issues. But as I said before, I do get the occasional 0 length TV recording, and need to restart the GB-PVR Recording Service to fix it.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyB View Post
    Have done. It still crashes DvbrService.exe, then immediately after the crash I can successfully watch a live TV channel.
    I'm 99.99% certain the service crash has nothing to do with the card or it's drivers. The intermittent issue of not being able to play a channel (as a result of the Directshow graph failing) doesn't cause the crash. I can see this from your various logs so don't get confused that Live TV works fine after a crash. I'm still suspicious of the SQLite DB activity...

    ...and on that note... My Bad.

    With <AutoGetEPG> set to False, the version you have was only partially disabling things and some DB activity was still going on. The attached will now have nothing to do with the SQLite EPG stuff with that setting set to false.

    Cheers,
    Brian

    PS It doesn't have the warning popup yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •