Thread: QAM scheduling questions with Xrecord

QAM scheduling questions with Xrecord

I’ve been using two 150 MCE’s recording analog signals for several years with great results. I use the scheduler in the Xrecord plugin to record shows. I’m thinking of making the jump to digital by adding a HVR-1600 or HVR-1250 to take advantage of QAM recording capabilities. Ideally I want the digital tuner to record as many shows as possible. I have a couple questions:

1) In the Xrecord scheduler I can select a tuner for a specific show. If I select the digital tuner for a specific show, does that mean it will ONLY record with the digital tuner or is that tuner just the “first choice”?

2) Currently I have 1 min pre-padding and 2 min post-padding setup for all shows. If I record two shows back-to-back on the same channel, the first show will record on tuner 1 and second show will record on tuner 2 due to the couple minute overlap because of the pre/post padding. I would like to record both shows with the digital tuner. Is this possible? Would I need to setup specific pre/post padding for each scheduler entry?

I’m curious others experiences scheduling digital tuner recordings as much as possible. Thank you.

If you look in the Priorityrecordings.xml file, there is an attribute called force on the CaptureSource element and also for a more global setting you can play with the DefaultForce element.
    Code:
    <CaptureSource force="no">1</CaptureSource>
    <DefaultForce>no</DefaultForce>
    I don't personally have any digital tuners.

There's another thread here about CDK Scheduler and digital tuners.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin