Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DirectTV IR Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by carpeVideo View Post
    I use this program with two usb two serial converters with a null modem that I got cheaply from monoprice:

http://www.gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...ChannelControl

Maybe its time for an update to this wiki page.
    I used that program in the past, but then it didn't work very well with my two H21-100 boxes. I don't remember the exact problem though.

So I decided to just write my own using that manual which spells out the codes and commands.

got a link to that document?
    [i'm getting cables this weekend]
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

Quote Originally Posted by pBS View Post
    got a link to that document?
    [i'm getting cables this weekend]
    Yep, it's here.

well i finally got it working with IR blasting...really zippy and i have it remove the banner immediately..[use padded 4 digits # and send 'exit' key after..]
    seems you *do* have to keep the blaster FAR from the h20's ir eye or it drowns...
    advice is to put it near the format change button..[seriously!] flat up against the front, use clear tape to keep it from moving..
    i have a set of ir codes that are as good as it gets, they even work when blaster was on top of eye directly...
    i use them with 0 delay for lightning fast changes...
    the old codes i learned for my sd box with same remote wouldn't work for squat with this h20 box..they use same remote!
    they worked fine for it....

so it's just that this box's eye is SUPER-SENSITIVE!
    oh and the remotes are super weak...learn from about an inch away for good results..

my channel changes only take about 500ms to complete and banner gone in about a full second..

attached is codes for H20-100 box.....i just noticed they are all exactly same size! [119 bytes]
    sounds like a perfect learn...
    they are standard hex codes from IRSS so could be converted to other format like ccf, mce native etc..
    Last edited by pBS; 2010-12-18 at 12:19 PM.

pBS, can these be imported or copy and pasted into IRSS? I looked but I couldn't find where the IR codes are save in IRSS.

NPVR | Athlon XP 5000+ 2 GB RAM | Asus EAH3450 | Hauppauge HVR-1600 & Colossus | MS MCE Beanbag
    Harmony 659 | RF keyboard | Vizio 42" LCD & Panasonic 32" CRT | 3 PCH A-100

yea, they are *from* irss... usually they go in "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IR Server Suite\IR Commands\" for xp..
    search for *.IR on win7 users dir, don't remember the path there..
    btw if you send 4 digits everytime it'll make it faster as it auto-hits enter/exit when you type full 4 digits..[pad with 0's]

and you can send other codes like tvpower if you save them as 1 letter names, like for enter, save as e.IR and blast like irblast2 0105e would send enter after..

Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    I actually coded a C# app that sends the DirecTV commands over serial. I've been using it for a good year now. I believe it only works with the newer boxes. I could whip up an installer and wiki page for it if someone else would see a use for it.
    (Sorry for reviving an old thread - I'm just seeing it now...)

This sounds like an intriguing option - if it's still available, could you send me a copy and an overview? (Fingers crossed that it works with an H25-100..._