Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New NMTInstall2 for N-PVR

New NMTInstall2 for N-PVR

I've released an early alpha version of the NMTInstall program for N-PVR.

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....MTInstall2.exe

There are updates for the scripts etc to use N-PVR. instead of GB-PVR on the links, other file (GB-PVR.html and gbpvr.cgi) should not be touched. It should also not touch startmeup, but you
    might want to back it up.

Optional install features

- download and install NPVRSetup and .dotnet 2.
    - patch NextPVR.exe to start at port 5916 for zero configuration install
    - download and install VS2008 runtime
    - download and install Directx runtime,

As N-PVR begins to overtake GB-PVR in use, I will be updating the Dummies Guide etc, mvpmcx2 is largely unchanged so most of the work is in installing N-PVR

Don't forget to check your firewall for NMT requirements (NMTInstall will try to configure the Windows firewall if selected).

- NRecord.exe permit TCP and UPD for the local LAN
    - NextPVR.exe permit TCP

Note that due to the beta nature of N-PVR I am not downloading or installing updates or plugins/skins at this point.

Good Luck and Happy Canada Day (July 1)

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2012-02-12 at 04:32 PM.

Having just done a brand new install of Windows 7 to try to get round my dvb-t problem, I have used your install tool for the first time as a full virgin install. It worked extremely well.

Thank you.

I think if sub, during his install, tested for prerequisites like the MS runtimes and DirectX whatever then support post would be much reduced from newcomers who leap in rather than reading lots of posts first.

Very nice! I made one small change to my index.htm and now I can select between GB-PVR and NPVR at will!
    Thanks Martin

leaded
    Server - AMD 6 Core windows 10 with Hauppage WINTV-PVR2 USB2, HDHomerun Dual, and WINTV-HVR 1600 tuners | Clients -PCH A-100 and iOS

Quote Originally Posted by leaded1 View Post
    Very nice! I made one small change to my index.htm and now I can select between GB-PVR and NPVR at will!
    Thanks Martin

leaded
    Technically there is zero difference between those, they are for aesthetics only. You must however opt to AutoStart an MVP server for NPVR or GBPVR

Martin

Yeah, I guess that wasn't really clear. I added the start command from for both npvr.cgi and gbpvr.cgi to my index.htm. If I have both programs autostart a server, then I can switch between the two every time I turn on my NMT. (I'm playing with NPVR while the family can keep using what they are used to.)
    Server - AMD 6 Core windows 10 with Hauppage WINTV-PVR2 USB2, HDHomerun Dual, and WINTV-HVR 1600 tuners | Clients -PCH A-100 and iOS

No I understood, but you can't have both programs Autostart a server on the same PC. npvr.cgi and gbpvr.cgi are the same too.

Martin

Ah, just played around and now I see what you are talking about... I was selecting them in alternating order each time so it appeared to work when I tried it a few times earlier (I exited out of gbpvr and selected npvr fast enough to catch the npvr server before the next gbpvr server got up and running and vice versa). Oh well. Thanks for the info.

Things are working great for me. Thanks for the update.

Paul
    Custom ASUS Maximus X Hero, 16 GB Memory-ASUS GeForce 1050 Ti, H115i Pro AIO, 850W PS, CM H500P case, Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram, Samsung 970 EVO, HDHomerun Prime & Extend Tuners- running Windows 10 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by leaded1 View Post
    Ah, just played around and now I see what you are talking about... I was selecting them in alternating order each time so it appeared to work when I tried it a few times earlier (I exited out of gbpvr and selected npvr fast enough to catch the npvr server before the next gbpvr server got up and running and vice versa). Oh well. Thanks for the info.
    If this is a nuisance for testing I've got a partial solution, that allows selection of GBPVR or NPVR but your MVP's won't be able to connect.

Martin

NMTInstall2 is currently not available as I have found NRecord.exe in NPVR .21 will delete files.

Martin