Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MCE Remote WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE!

Would this work with the Hauppauge remote instead of running their remote program in the tray?
    Intel Pentium D 925 3Ghz - Windows XP Pro SP2
    XFX nForce 650i Ultra Socket 775 Motherboard - XFX GeForce 8400 512MB PCIe
    2 GB DDR2 - Maxtor DiamondMax 21 200GB Hard Drive
    WINTV 1600 - WINTV 350 - WINTV 1250
    Harmony 520

Quote Originally Posted by bizztizz View Post
    Would this work with the Hauppauge remote instead of running their remote program in the tray?
    I believe this is for MCE remote only but where there is a will there is a way.... Probably be less effort to just buy a mce remote though.

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    I believe this is for MCE remote only but where there is a will there is a way.... Probably be less effort to just buy a mce remote though.

I suppose I could always just program my Harmony to mimic an MCE - would my hauppauge IR receiver still work then?
    Intel Pentium D 925 3Ghz - Windows XP Pro SP2
    XFX nForce 650i Ultra Socket 775 Motherboard - XFX GeForce 8400 512MB PCIe
    2 GB DDR2 - Maxtor DiamondMax 21 200GB Hard Drive
    WINTV 1600 - WINTV 350 - WINTV 1250
    Harmony 520

Probably be better to start a new thread and ask the community.

this basically only programs what the mce dongle receives from an MCE remote...
    no other remotes yet, tried the mvp remote but it's rc5 and i can't figure the rest of the registry setting meaning yet, but it should be possible to do other remotes...just have to figure out the codes and signal mask,etc...
    even then it's a driver for the mce dongle so will only work with that hardware...

so not unless you have a hauppauge mce kit... it won't work with ir that plugs into card directly..
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

Do I understand correctly that this translate the IR inputs to keyboard code? Can I also control the IR output? I like the ability to change channel for my cable box.

I'm having trouble getting this to work. Specifically, I have modified the registry per the instructions here, but it's not working completely.

What's working: Number keys in live TV allow me to select a channel, mute button works, Clear button maps to escape...plus others (see below)

What's not working: The keyboard shortcut CTRL-ALT-p does launch GBPVR, but the power key on my MCE remote puts the system to sleep.
    The green button doesn't do anything, nor does the channel up/down buttons. The up down left right buttons around "OK" control both volume and channel. The record button and the play buttons don't work.

System Specifics

Windows Vista 64 SP2
    Diamond MM All-in-Wonder HD pack
    MCE remote (via eHome) RC118, 44 buttons as follows (from Show Key utility):

Power Sleep, not launch
    Pictures No response
    Radio No response
    Videos No response
    Music No response
    Rec No response
    Pause No response
    Stop MediaStop
    Skip Back MediaPreviousTra
    Play No response
    Skip Fwd MediaNextTrack
    Rwd No response
    Fwd No response
    Back BrowserBack
    "green" No response
    More No response
    Vol + volumeUp
    Vol - VolumeDown
    OK Return
    Up Arrow Up
    Down Arrow Down
    Left Arrow Left
    Right Arrow Right
    Channel + No response
    Channel - No response
    Mute VolumeMute
    Rec TV No response
    Guide No response
    Live TV No response
    DVD menu No response
    Number keys Send ASCII for appropriate number (D_)
    * key +D8
    # key +D3
    Clear Escape
    Enter Return

Use EventGhost. Attached is my config file for my MCE Remote.
    NPVR 4.1.0.180302 o Kodi 17.6 o EventGhost 0.5.0.rc4 o SAF 6.3.2 o SchedulesDirect

Case: Apevia X-Qpack HTPC o Motherboard: Asus P8H67-MLE o CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 o RAM: 8 GB o OS: Win7 64-bit
    Tuner: HDHomeRun dual tuner o Leaf SkyHDTV antenna o Remote: Microsoft MCE
    Hard drives: Samsung 500 GB SSD, Seagate 2 TB SATA2, Samsung 540 GB SATA2 o Input: Logitech USB keyboard & mouse
    Video: ATI Radeon 7750 o Monitor: Viewsonic 27" VX2703MH-LED, LG 55" LCD TV

Thanks, but this thread was supposed to be "WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE"..., which seems like a more robust way to implement a remote control solution, rather than yet-another-intermediary program. If you have a way to translate EventGhost into editing the registry key mapping (per earlier posts on this thread), great. Alternatively, if you can point me to a utility like Show Key for the remote, that'd be great.

Post the changes you made to your registry and maybe we can spot the problem.