Thread: XRecord - and Max Recordings to Keep?

XRecord - and Max Recordings to Keep?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Using GB-PVR 1.3.11 and XRecord. I like the XSuite, but am noticing that since I installed it, I think the "Max Recordings to Keep" feature has vanished from my recording options. Is this not supported in XRecord and, if not, any suggestions for trimming old recordings within a particular show + season?

The "Keep" max number of recordings feature came to gbpvr after XSuite was written. I'll add that to my todo list. I can see an extra argument in the API called maxFiles, so I probably just need to add the UI in XSearch to input the value and pass it on to gbpvr and hopefully gbpvr or the recording service will take care of the rest.

This would force the community skin to update its XSuite skin...

In the mean time, XRecord has an auto archive feature to clean things up by moving old recordings to another drive as explained here. That could also be a way to avoid filling the recordings drive. I wonder if using an archive destination like C:NUL would allow automatic deletion of recordings older than the specified auto-archive days.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

Thank you! Let me know if there's anything I can help with

In the meantime, I'll try the "auto archive to null" option you suggested and report back.

I added the "Keep" thing. It seems to do the same thing to the gbpvr database as what pvrx2 itself does so I guess it will work. You'll have to wait until one of your shows reaches the number of episodes you choose to see. Let me know how it goes.

I also noticed a UI refresh issue in the reoccurring screen. You sometimes had to go to a different screen and back to get a refresh. Fixed it.

I also made the DefaultQualityElement in the skin also affect the default quality in the advanced/CDK Scheduler. I tend to use the advanced scheduler most of the time these days.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

Thanks much! I'll install the update and give it a go.

Nice to see that CDK Scheduling still get's used. Figured GBPVR's built in scheduler would have caught up with it by now feature wise.