Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Initial Setup Guides for GBPVR 1.4.7

I still believe the "Channel" tab is directly related to setting up your tuners. So I will add a bit about it to this message in the hope someone will find it useful.

I have my capture sources something like the picture below....& this has my channels mixed up in the TV Guide as in the second pic...

Continued:

By editing the "Channel Number" in the Channels tab (like I have in the picture below) it changes the order that is displayed in the TV Guide (Note: you have to "OK" out of config after editing this field & go back in to see the final changes)

ATSC/QAM setup guide

Systemshark will be adding this to the original post for easier access. Until then, here it is.

I did not address muxes, etc. because they are subjective. There are different reasons for using different muxes (and should be covered in a different document). The initial tuner configuration and mapping is the same for all users (with the possible exception of HDHomeRun users).
    Last edited by whurlston; 2009-09-15 at 05:42 AM.

Hi Whurlston

Nice Job... Thanks for covering off ASTC and QAM users.....

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    Systemshark will be adding this to the original post for easier access. Until then, here it is.
    Updated as per agreements.
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

But this doesn't look like it does when you configure? Surely that is confusing in itself?

EDIT 'I was referring to Jaggy's Pics but somehow this got mixed up in my post' I tried to delete but the forum wouldn't let me.

Looks great.

Cheers

Steeb
    Last edited by steeb; 2009-09-16 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Not being clear
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    But this doesn't look like it does when you configure? Surely that is confusing in itself?
    What do you mean? Those are screenshots of me walking through a configuration.

EDIT 'I was referring to Jaggy's Pics but somehow this got mixed up in my post' I tried to delete but the forum wouldn't let me.Steeb
    OK so I am a tad confused by your message as well from your edit I assume you are talking about my posts? What do you mean it doesn't look like it does when you configure? I don't want it to be confusing & I will change the pictures if I should to make it less so (confusing that is).

Sorry Guys,

something got really messed about with in my post. I was referring to Jaggy's Pic's as per the post as they were put side by side even though obviously they don't appear that way when you configure. I suppose this is always the problem with Documentation!

But the Pics are not walking through a configuration as they appear on my screen, they are what you select and what you end up with, not what the user sees?

Guess I haven't seen the Wiki shots though...

Just ignore me, I'll keep editing the 1st opening Wiki page by editing the odd word here and there and adding a few line breaks. The Wiki is SOOO much better than it used to be because of people like YOU!

Cheers
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

But the Pics are not walking through a configuration as they appear on my screen, they are what you select and what you end up with, not what the user sees?
    Jaggy's posts are an addendum to the guides in the first post. They are not a complete walkthrough.

Addendum is brill, but still in my mind I can only focus on how they look in the post. This is not what a user will see is it?

If it is, it will only serve to confuse, perhaps, for a Newbie, and if it isn't then I'll just be quiet... now.

Cheers

Steeb
    Last edited by steeb; 2009-09-17 at 12:49 AM.