Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compatibility with TS-Mux

Compatibility with TS-Mux

Hi,

I installed the Burndvdx2 plugin the other day, however it says I have no files! Is this due to an incompatibility with the TS-Mux, and if so is this a feature that will be implemented in a future version?

Thanks

Neil

From the Wiki "BurnDVDX2 is a plugin for PVRX2 that facilitates creating DVDs from MPGs."

"DVR-MS files don’t work right with skiptool and editool. New version of ffmpeg does allow DVD building but with no menu picture I left it disabled."

Maybe you would want to try DVR-MS recordings? Although, you wont be able to multi-record.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, Win8, Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz, 6 GB (2GBx2, 1GBx2) DDR2 800, GIGABYTE GV-N220OC-1GI Video, CM Real Power Pro 550 Watt PS, HVR-2250 & HVR-1600 analog/Clear QAM, Realtek S/PDIF, Harmony 880 in MCE remote mode w/ Gestion LM Remote Keymap.
    NPVR 2.5.9 (SAF6) Cyberlink video & LAV/ffdshow Audio Filters. Skin=Default Horizontal
    Plugins: Weather
    External Apps: XBMC, Hulu, Boxee, Winamp
    Utilities:Comskip

Only looks for mpg files. Couldn't find a replacement for sharpffmpeg that would support other formats.
    GBpvr PC: Intel Celeron 1.8 Ghz. 768 Mb WinXp Home Sp2
    Video: Diamond 128 Mb 9550
    Capture Cards: PVR-150 & PVR-150 MCE w/fm + 2x MVP
    Author of: BurnDVDX2 and Skiptool

You could look at trans-coding your TS files to mpeg...
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, Win8, Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz, 6 GB (2GBx2, 1GBx2) DDR2 800, GIGABYTE GV-N220OC-1GI Video, CM Real Power Pro 550 Watt PS, HVR-2250 & HVR-1600 analog/Clear QAM, Realtek S/PDIF, Harmony 880 in MCE remote mode w/ Gestion LM Remote Keymap.
    NPVR 2.5.9 (SAF6) Cyberlink video & LAV/ffdshow Audio Filters. Skin=Default Horizontal
    Plugins: Weather
    External Apps: XBMC, Hulu, Boxee, Winamp
    Utilities:Comskip

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    You could look at trans-coding your TS files to mpeg...
    Well technically TS files are mpeg but increasingly digital broadcasts are HD, or SD but with h264 video or AAC audio etc so some pretty transcoding could required to turn these into quality DVD burns. I would suggest for HD TS to consider MKV via Handbrake and simple DVD archiving. There are also mini-BD which will let you shrink and write your HD files in a BDMV iso layout to a DVD disk but of course these aren't playable on DVD players.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Well technically TS files are mpeg but increasingly digital broadcasts are HD, or SD but with h264 video or AAC audio etc so some pretty transcoding could required to turn these into quality DVD burns. I would suggest for HD TS to consider MKV via Handbrake and simple DVD archiving. There are also mini-BD which will let you shrink and write your HD files in a BDMV iso layout to a DVD disk but of course these aren't playable on DVD players.

Martin
    True but the ts container is not compatible with sharpffmpeg which is what burndvdx2 uses. TS files do work fine with ffmpeg but as far as I know the later versions of ffmpeg haven't been incorporated into a .net library.

Quote Originally Posted by pastro View Post
    True but the ts container is not compatible with sharpffmpeg which is what burndvdx2 uses. TS files do work fine with ffmpeg but as far as I know the later versions of ffmpeg haven't been incorporated into a .net library.
    True also but ts to ps is a simple remux and not a transcode. I was getting at the fact that if people want to burn DVD's there could be much more involved than changing the container.

Martin

I'm using the ts-mux so as to keep the multi-record feature. Currently i'm trying to get transcode to mpg working but it doesn't play ball and i'm not sure which log file I should be looking at to find out why!

I am also looking into burndvdx2 as ameans to archive out certain shows to DVD (so I can bring them along when going to my parents or in-laws). But i also noticed that TS-files do not show up, is there any development in this arena at all or should I also look at some post-processing feature?
    Or is there another plugin that will let me convert just certain shows to mpg (and then run comskip on the converted file to remove ads)?

Another thing, I get an entry in the menu on my NMT for burndvdx2 but when I click it nothing happens, when i try this on my laptop (that runs in client mode) then it works like it should. Is it not compatible with running via the NMT?
    I think I had it up and running with my MVP on the previous system (thich recorded to MPG with two PVR-150, the current system recording with two FloppydTV) but has not tried it out with the current system.

Running GB-PVR 1.4.7 updated via NMTInstall to latest version (also running the latest mvpmcx2 from NMTInstall).
    Latest version of burndvdx2 downloaded yesterday from the Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by forzaKGB View Post
    I am also looking into burndvdx2 as ameans to archive out certain shows to DVD (so I can bring them along when going to my parents or in-laws). But i also noticed that TS-files do not show up, is there any development in this arena at all or should I also look at some post-processing feature?
    Or is there another plugin that will let me convert just certain shows to mpg (and then run comskip on the converted file to remove ads)?

Another thing, I get an entry in the menu on my NMT for burndvdx2 but when I click it nothing happens, when i try this on my laptop (that runs in client mode) then it works like it should. Is it not compatible with running via the NMT?
    I think I had it up and running with my MVP on the previous system (thich recorded to MPG with two PVR-150, the current system recording with two FloppydTV) but has not tried it out with the current system.

Running GB-PVR 1.4.7 updated via NMTInstall to latest version (also running the latest mvpmcx2 from NMTInstall).
    Latest version of burndvdx2 downloaded yesterday from the Wiki.
    I looked into getting a replacement for sharpffmpeg but nothing is currently available so there is no migration path for .ts files. Converting the files to mpeg would be the only option for now.
    Used to work with MVP but no idea on the NMT since I don't have one available.