Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82

Thread: Weather 2 Wishlist

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    809
    Currently, the duration of each frame is set by the animated gif itself, in case you were wondering where the duration came from.

    But, in US/Canada locations, there can be up to 5 different radar images, and 3 different satellite images, which use the left/right keys to switch between the maps. This is like the Map view for all locations.

    Saying that, I don't know if this is something I want to do. Is there a reason you'd want to manually loop through the animated image?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    Currently, the duration of each frame is set by the animated gif itself, in case you were wondering where the duration came from.

    But, in US/Canada locations, there can be up to 5 different radar images, and 3 different satellite images, which use the left/right keys to switch between the maps. This is like the Map view for all locations.

    Saying that, I don't know if this is something I want to do. Is there a reason you'd want to manually loop through the animated image?
    It hadn't occured to me that the satellite images were an animated gif. I get six images in the animation and since they cover the whole of Western Europe, it's a lot of detail to take in - so it would have been nice to be able to slow the animation down. It's not a major problem problem though, I'll just need to let the animation cycle a few times.

    BTW it's a great plugin and it behaves very well on the MVPs.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    809
    I could probably allow an override for the duration between frames... maybe an override like x2, x3, x4, so x2 would be twice as long.

    Thanks, I'm glad it is working on the MVP now...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    I could probably allow an override for the duration between frames... maybe an override like x2, x3, x4, so x2 would be twice as long.
    My first thought was to say it's probably not worth the bother, but having just spent about 5 minutes watching the satellite map animation, a multiplier would be really useful for me - so long as it wouldn't be too much trouble to do it.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    809
    ACTCMS--

    Just wanted to bump this to let you know I added a Play/Pause functionality to animated images in Weather for NPVR. Once the image is paused, you can change the frame forward or backward. I believe this is what you were looking for.

    I haven't released it yet, but I have a local change for it. I just wanted to let you know that I hadn't forgotten this post.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    ACTCMS--

    Just wanted to bump this to let you know I added a Play/Pause functionality to animated images in Weather for NPVR. Once the image is paused, you can change the frame forward or backward. I believe this is what you were looking for.

    I haven't released it yet, but I have a local change for it. I just wanted to let you know that I hadn't forgotten this post.
    Excellent - I'm looking forward to it - Many thanks...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    ACTCMS--

    Just wanted to bump this to let you know I added a Play/Pause functionality to animated images in Weather for NPVR. Once the image is paused, you can change the frame forward or backward. I believe this is what you were looking for.

    I haven't released it yet, but I have a local change for it. I just wanted to let you know that I hadn't forgotten this post.
    I just installed V1.0.1.0 and this is exactly what I was looking for.

    Thanks for an excellent plugin...

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    I just installed V1.0.1.0 and this is exactly what I was looking for.

    Thanks for an excellent plugin...
    I'm glad I could help

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gjovik, Norway - PAL
    Posts
    6,588

    Data source for nordic countries

    You might want to look ay www.yr.no, (it has a choice of english language too) at the bottom there is a tab "Free Data", can you use some of that to improve the plugin with more data for the nordic countries?

    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf View Post
    You might want to look ay www.yr.no, (it has a choice of english language too) at the bottom there is a tab "Free Data", can you use some of that to improve the plugin with more data for the nordic countries?
    I'm afraid that scb147 no longer frequents these parts, as he had to get rid of his HTPC. I have the source code for the plugin though if any of the developers want to take up the challenge though (I don't have the time myself right now). scb147 kindly gave me the source so we could keep on top of any critical fixes that might be required.

    Iain
    NextPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu | System

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •