Thread: Clicking on DVB-T Radio crashes GBPVR

Clicking on DVB-T Radio crashes GBPVR

I've recently installed the DVB-T Radio plugin and whenever I click upon it in GBPVR the program crashes. Further investigation in config.exe.log gives the line below - can anyone tell me what is wrong?
    Thanks
    Kevin

DVBTR: DvbrConfigForm() ctor threw exception: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\plugins\DvbRadio\DvbRadio-master.xml'. at BGowland.DvbrLib.DvbrUserSettings.Load() in C:\Documents and Settings\gbpvr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\DVB Radio\DvbtrLib\DvbrUserSettings.cs:line 161
    at DvbRadio.DvbrConfigForm..ctor() in C:\Documents and Settings\gbpvr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\DVB Radio\DvbrConfigForm.cs:line 94

Does the file "C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\plugins\DvbRadio\DvbRadio-master.xml exist?
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

As McBainUK asked...does that file exist? I'm guessing it doesn't.

If you've never had it working then it seems like something went wrong when you extracted the plugin zip file. Try going through the plugin installation steps again and post back if it doesn't fix things.

Just tried uninstallng and reinstalling in both cases Dvb-master.xml does not exist, however after the reinstall it did start and scan for channels so now it seems to be working without it.
    Another question, can I get the radio channels to appear in the EPG so I can record them? Alternatively can I play the radio from a command line?
    Before using GBPVR I used the Hauppauge TV player together with a "what you hear" recorder to record radio and ideally I'd like to be able to work something similar with GBPVR.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheppy99 View Post
    Just tried uninstallng and reinstalling in both cases Dvb-master.xml does not exist, however after the reinstall it did start and scan for channels so now it seems to be working without it.
    Ah, OK. It seems that I must have forgotten to include it in the zip on the wiki. It's not normally used unless the DvbRadio.xml file is missing or damaged in which case it is used to repair things. I'll update the wiki zip file to include it. Glad you've got it working.

Another question, can I get the radio channels to appear in the EPG so I can record them?
    Currently not possible although I'm working on this for a version in the future. I've taken time out of development over the past few months but am now working on the plugin again.

Cheers,
    Brian

Brian,
    thanks v much for the reply, if you would like any beta testing of this I'd be glad to help
    Regards
    Kevin