Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ML3 Nightly testing

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    CS skins+ML3 were working at the latest published change, but I would recommend copying the blue skin version to the CS folders during this testing period in case there are any skin changes.
    Doesn't work for me currently (CS 4.0.5), just flickers at the main menu. Copying the ML3-blue skin folder over to CS solved that. At least, I don't have to switch skins now.

Guido

Today's update

- Improved clearing of playlist on stop
    - Improved handling after screen saver
    - Ctrl-Y enabled CheckMedia to not fail if files not found

Martin

For today It took a bit longer than expected because I cannot figure out how to get a PageUp/Down equivalent to the MVP/NMT handled by GBPVR

- Navigate the left-side list and the playing track list with FastForward (Ctrl-F) and Rewind (Ctrl-D)

Martin

Here some comments on the current nightly version

• From the library screen back/exit is broken (doesn't allow me to go back to main menu)
    • From "now playing screen" back/exit works.
    • From library screen Ctrl-G after Esc (for back/exit) to exits back to main menu
    • After stopping a queue, back/exit (Esc) dnw at all
    • After starting (and/or stopping)the first queue, text entry on the library screen dnw anymore (needs restart of pvrx2)

From the home-menu
    • Toggle dnw
    • Switch view ist redundant (blue button)
    • Feature request: I would really like "collections" back, because on large collections this allows narrowing of the displayed number of list items (for example just classical or jazz or world music or country - that if the folder structure is organized with this in mind).

Thanks, I will look tonight. Last night was completely wasted on trying to figure out how to do a simple popup for the file details with pyscik's customized handlers. I will just give up on providing more details for now.

When I am on the library screen Return on the NMT and Esc on the PC take me to the Main GBPVR menu from the main Library and Playlist screens. Where is it not working for you?

What is supposed to be on the Home/Menu popup anyway? I have never used it.

Can you explain how collections are supposed work please. I don't use them, and I don't have genre tags in my FLAC files to make this easy to test.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Thanks, I will look tonight. Last night was completely wasted on trying to figure out how to do a simple popup for the file details with pyscik's customized handlers. I will just give up on providing more details for now.
    I don't see the necessity for more details at this point.

When I am on the library screen Return on the NMT and Esc on the PC take me to the Main GBPVR menu from the main Library and Playlist screens. Where is it not working for you?
    After starting a queue with Ctrl-Y or -R exiting from the library screen to main menu with Esc doesn't work anymore.

What is supposed to be on the Home/Menu popup anyway? I have never used it.
    Can you explain how collections are supposed work please. I don't use them, and I don't have genre tags in my FLAC files to make this easy to test.
    This was a feature in ML2. It's not based on tags, but directories. In ML2 config, you were able to select a number of directories and assign a friendly name, the "collection" name. It was also possible to pick a number of directories and assign a single group=collection name. Then, you could select this collection in the "home" menu. After that, the library screen was limited to files from that collection only, reducing the list to what's part of that particular collection. AFAIR that's still functional in ML2 8.0x

Guido
    Last edited by newyankee; 2009-12-20 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyankee View Post
    This was a feature in ML2. It's not based on tags, but directories. In ML2 config, you were able to select a number of directories and assign a friendly name, the "collection" name. It was also possible to pick a number of directories and assign a single group=collection name. Then, you could select this collection in the "home" menu. After that, the library screen was limited to files from that collection only, reducing the list to what's part of that particular collection. AFAIR that's still functional in ML2 8.0x

Guido
    This is a great feature if you have a large and varied music collection. You can build collections of favorites like 'Rock', 'BigBand', 'Blues', etc without having to change tags - and any given album can be in more than one collection. It's much quicker than building playlists. I mostly select a collection and press the red button.

Alex

Thanks for the info on Collections, I will have a look at this.

Back to the nightly,

- Several fixes for Esc handling as reported by newyankee
    - Play would not clear queue
    - Improvements in Remote Search Rewind, Ctrl-D to erase text
    - Minor skin fixes

Martin

I've had some time to understand how psycik's logic works and it is quite elegant, as a learning c#'er it's taken some time. I will be able to add popups now to.

I hope this version is closer to ML2,

- Collections are introduced (or at least I hope they work, please test)
    - The first item shows correctly (before it was the first 4 albums until a key was hit)
    - The right side panels are updated as you scroll down like in ML2
    - Reduced some db queries
    - Play wouldn't clear old playlists from the artist or track list.

Note there is a new skin that needs to be copied with the others.

Edit: I added this with a new mode Blue/Ctrl-B while on a playlist will toggle between Art-Track style and Filename style for the list box.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2009-12-21 at 05:56 AM.

Today I mainly tackled m3u playlists. Several changes were needed including

- Playlists load timing issues especially in the background, leading to partial loads
    - "Last Played" wouldn't refresh
    - Final playlist item would not load without a crlf
    - Skin change for clarity of m3u contents

Also on the main screen

- Albums, including (unknown) with > 30 tracks had a refresh problem
    - Title List cursor not set to first item with artist move

Martin