Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CS 405 text clipping in main menu

It should adjust to an extent. The -WS vs.-SD versions should be relative to 16x9 vs 4x3 screens. Is it just the main menu that you are seeing the clipping?
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

Correct just main Menu, TV Guide wraps around correct, Recordings display correct and all other sub menus looks good.

I think I have found an installer issue that the widescreen menu files are installed to the -SD repository.
    Fatman_do

Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Fatman_do

Just a quick note I could not install SD and get it to work without loadws the WS version first. Thought you like to know that SD would not finish installing so sounds you may be on the right track. Sorry I should have added that to my notes eariler thinking maybe it was just me.

Daryl

Now this all is starting to make sense. As far as I can see now, the CS 405-SD-installer is missing the \SkinPlugin4\Resources-folder which is only present in the -WS installer package.

For me, this wasn't an issue at first, because it had been present from a previous install (V404 or lower). However, after the clipping issue started to bother me, I tried to uninstall and reinstall and stranded as dljones8053 did. I had gotten rid of V404 by then so I couldn't roll back. Installing V405-WS got me going again but apparently, the stuff contained in the SD-resources folder is actually not -SD specific.

Quote Originally Posted by newyankee View Post
    Now this all is starting to make sense. As far as I can see now, the CS 405-SD-installer is missing the \SkinPlugin4\Resources-folder which is only present in the -WS installer package.
    Hmmm..I hadn't noticed that, will have to check it out, as my quick fix was to recommend reinstalling the -sd version. I will try to get the installer updated late tonight.
    Fatman_do

Confirmed the -SD installer is crap. Will upload update late tonight.
    Fatman_do

Crossing fingers and hoping the installer is fixed now, at least it worked on my quick test.
    Fatman_do

The SD installer just stopped dead at restarting the recording service. I had to kill it manually.

Nonetheless, the install worked and the skin is OK now. Thanks for fixing this.

Guido

Yeah, some times it will hang forever (but will close eventually) on the restarting recording service, other times it goes by just fine.
    Fatman_do