Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiki - Collapse Home & Manual?

Steeb. I think you have made very worthwhile improvements to the wiki and it is appreciated. I only wish I could make time available to help out but trying to help out on the forum on an ad-hoc basis is pretty much at the limit of what I can do to try and help.

TBH: As someone who has used gbpvr for several years now, I only tend to visit the wiki a) to get a plugin update or b) to take a look at the recent updates to see if there is anything that I may have missed. I suspect that this is also true for other long-time users.

very minor thing: I notice that when I select clients, the manual, configuration section expands out above it.

So keep doing what you are doing. It looks good.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

I notice that when I select clients, the manual, configuration section expands out above it.
    Thanks gEd, I can't duplicate this, probably because I'm being lazy or stupid, or both, can you give link to Wiki page URL when this happens?

Cheers

Steeb

I just go to the wiki home page at http://www.gbpvr.com/pmwiki/, click clients.. on the left and the configuration section under Manual Contents expands as well.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Gotcha gEd!

See what you mean, investigation necessary!

Cheers

Steeb

Actually not much investigation needed.

I think it is because clients were originally placed under 'config' section. So now they have been moved to own section with links they still reside in 'config' folder of Wiki. Hence 'configuration' expansion.

Not my work, I may add, but still good input by 'they what done it' as I think new Client section much better than being part of Manual. Far easier to find.

However will see if there is a resolve with Blader to shift something round?!

Cheers

Steeb
    Last edited by steeb; 2010-01-10 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Bad spelling!

It's because the PCClient page under the clients... header is a Config page. The same happens when you click MediaMVP - the Hardware section expands.

edit: too slow
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

edit: too slow

Before I bother Blader are there any other pages that currently do this?

Obvious solution is to re-create/duplicate pages under new sections and get the old ones deleted but of course.

a) this may not be best practise and is sort of frowned upon.
    b) if there are any currrent other pages that link to the current one's there will be a dead link if they were deleted.....

Steeb

Clicking on Skins causes Development to open (with skin dev stuff - probably incorrectly). Try Skins and then Development to see...

Clicking on Skins causes Development to open (with skin dev stuff - probably incorrectly). Try Skins and then Development to see...
    Seen, Cheers Alex!

Will check with Blader to see if perhaps there's a way to lock left side nav from editing as this is what seems to have caused these probs.....

Steeb

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    Fixed.
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN