Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: WizMetadataGrabber: wishlist

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,753

    WizMetadataGrabber: wishlist

    Re my post in the wrong thread...

    I use the /sb option all the time - what I would like is a batch option to
    a) embed
    b) create the external .xml file
    c) create the external _export.xml file
    all in one pass...

    Alex

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Johns, Florida USA
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    Re my post in the wrong thread...

    I use the /sb option all the time - what I would like is a batch option to
    a) embed
    b) create the external .xml file
    c) create the external _export.xml file
    all in one pass...

    Alex
    Ok, so if I understand, currently, the /sb will do step a & b, what is missing is the option to also do step c?
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Ok, so if I understand, currently, the /sb will do step a & b, what is missing is the option to also do step c?
    Exactly...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    604
    Another wish for a feature:
    I have the folder structure: Serie/Season and in the Series folder I have the poster as folder.jpg and a folder.xml for series description. (the one on the first page in thetvdb)
    Would be great if the grabber could get this info if there are none.

    It is not much trouble to get this info by hand, as it is just once per series. But it would be nice to have this automatic too.

    (The default video library do not show folder.xml, but the videos library does)
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS
    _____________________________________________
    XML is like kids. They start small and cute. Then they grow.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Johns, Florida USA
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by 7ore View Post
    Another wish for a feature:
    I have the folder structure: Serie/Season and in the Series folder I have the poster as folder.jpg and a folder.xml for series description. (the one on the first page in thetvdb)
    Would be great if the grabber could get this info if there are none.

    It is not much trouble to get this info by hand, as it is just once per series. But it would be nice to have this automatic too.

    (The default video library do not show folder.xml, but the videos library does)
    Is the folder.xml format (keywords) the same as the .xml for the show itself?
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    604
    Yes it is.
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS
    _____________________________________________
    XML is like kids. They start small and cute. Then they grow.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Johns, Florida USA
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by 7ore View Post
    Another wish for a feature:
    I have the folder structure: Serie/Season and in the Series folder I have the poster as folder.jpg and a folder.xml for series description. (the one on the first page in thetvdb)
    Would be great if the grabber could get this info if there are none.

    It is not much trouble to get this info by hand, as it is just once per series. But it would be nice to have this automatic too.

    (The default video library do not show folder.xml, but the videos library does)
    Not sure I want to make this change to WizMetadataGrabber, since is it pretty specific to your setup...

    But...
    I have a test program that pretty much does what you want. If you've already searched for the show with WizMetadataGrabber, then the info file already exists in Plugins/common/seriesInfo. This program will read that data, allow you to select the appropriate thumbnail and will create folder.jpg and folder.xml in what ever directory you choose.

    Give it a spin, I think this will do what you are looking for. If it is useful, I'll bundle it up and put it on the WizUtilities wiki.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    604
    Thanks!
    That looks great.
    I really think that Sub should show folder images and folder.xml in the video library as default as well. But until that happens, I will try this App out for a while.
    I have found some small issues, but I will take them to a new thread and return this one as was original intended, a Wizmetadatagrabber Wishlist.
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS
    _____________________________________________
    XML is like kids. They start small and cute. Then they grow.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    604
    I just had an idea and to see that through I would like to have a bit of more info added to the .xml file that Wizmetadatagrabber creates.
    I would like to have the Season and Episode numbers as tags as well.

    Reason being that I changed the skin so the list show the episode titles instead of the filenames (The file names can be really long and ugly).
    That looked great. But I can't tell the episodes apart... Mostly it works to sort them by date, but not all the time.

    I do not need the season info personally, as I have every season in it's own folder. But it makes sense to add both at ones.

    Is it possible to add this in a future release?
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS
    _____________________________________________
    XML is like kids. They start small and cute. Then they grow.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Johns, Florida USA
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by 7ore View Post
    I just had an idea and to see that through I would like to have a bit of more info added to the .xml file that Wizmetadatagrabber creates.
    I would like to have the Season and Episode numbers as tags as well.

    Reason being that I changed the skin so the list show the episode titles instead of the filenames (The file names can be really long and ugly).
    That looked great. But I can't tell the episodes apart... Mostly it works to sort them by date, but not all the time.

    I do not need the season info personally, as I have every season in it's own folder. But it makes sense to add both at ones.

    Is it possible to add this in a future release?
    I believe these tags are already present if a season/episode is found on the lookup. See tags SeasonNo and EpisodeNo in the output xml.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •