Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather2 crashing pvrx2

I am having a similar problem with weather2 on my mvp

all of a sudden if I try and use the weather plugin the mvp crashes

I have not made any changes to anything recently, problem started a couple of days ago

tkgafs

Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    Just zip your log folder and post it.
    Attaching the logs. Hope you can make use of them!
    BW
    AvG
    ---
    Running NextPVR on an HP Elitebook 2540p with a Harmony One and a Philips 42" wide-screen TV.

installing the latest version fixed problem for me

Quote Originally Posted by adrian_vg@yahoo.com View Post
    Attaching the logs. Hope you can make use of them!
    Your logs don't have any references to weather2 in them. You will need to reinstall Weather2, and make sure your logs in GBPVR are set to verbose. Then zip and reattach the logs.

Darn, got the wrong ones... I have the old backed up somewhere. I'll be back shortly.

Edit: Try this one instead.

And thanks.
    BW
    AvG
    ---
    Running NextPVR on an HP Elitebook 2540p with a Harmony One and a Philips 42" wide-screen TV.

Those logs look too old to me as they are showing to old version of Weather2 & no crash that I could see in the quick look I had. You do realise the new version of W2 1.1.1.x released the other day was to fix a crash problem due to a change in the site don't you?

Like Jaggy mentioned, try using the latest version and see if it works for you. The latest logs you posted were using 1.1.0.3, plus, those logs were dated February 28th...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
    Those logs look too old to me as they are showing to old version of Weather2 & no crash that I could see in the quick look I had. You do realise the new version of W2 1.1.1.x released the other day was to fix a crash problem due to a change in the site don't you?
    Would that be the 1.1.1.1-version? That's the one I tried a few days ago, and didn't have much of any success unfortunately.

I can try again, and attach those logs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scb147 View Post
    Like Jaggy mentioned, try using the latest version and see if it works for you. The latest logs you posted were using 1.1.0.3, plus, those logs were dated February 28th...
    I did some maintenance on the PVR, and that one was the one left...

Edit: I see now that there's a more recent version; 1.1.1.2. I'll try that one and get back on how it worked.

Thanks for now.
    BW
    AvG
    ---

Installed Weather2 v1.1.1.2 and started it in the PVR. It crashed PVRX2 again. Attaching logs to this post.

Only thing prior to starting the PVR and Weather2 plugin, was to runt the GBPVR config and add a city, Uppsala-Sweden. I did not change any settings for Weather2 at all, just a plain vanilla setup.

Appreciate any help or advice you can give. Thanks.
    BW
    AvG
    ---

Your problem is the fact that your short date format, in the regional settings in Windows, starts with the year (yyyy). When I switched my regional settings to Swedish, I found the problem. I never noticed this because I never changed my regional settings to one that started with the year.

It has been fixed, but I'm not sure when the next release will come out.