Thread: MovieWiz Descriptions now short

MovieWiz Descriptions now short

I haven't added any movies to MovieWiz for ages but over the weekend being on my own decided it was past time I cleaned up our Recordings screen, so I moved all the movies & imported them into MovieWiz (quite a big job actually I shouldn't leave it so long between doing it) & I noticed the descriptions I am getting now as very short & often followed by something like ">>>" indicating there is more I guess?? I also don't seem to be getting any (or maybe it's not many) ratings either. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, all of my movies that I add get stuff like "»" and "See More»»" for most of the categories. The reason why is because MovieWiz is going to IMDB.com and getting it's information from there and either IMDB changed their formats or MovieWiz doesn't do a very good job of concatenating the data it grabs. It's not really a big deal for me. I just go into the config screen and go to the "Manage Content" tab and edit all the extra white space and symbols out.

I know JavaWiz is really busy at the moment but hopefully when he gets time he can find a way for us to get the full descriptions again from IMDB.com.

Sorry guys, Jaggy is right, been too busy lately (12-18hr work days, fixing up house to put on market to sell, moving from Washington to California,...). Does TheMovieDB work any better? Post a couple titles that seem to have the problem and I'll try and focus on those when I get a little time.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients