Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N-PVR Wiki?

N-PVR Wiki?

Dear all,

always know that documentation gets to the bottom of list but would just like to clarify?

Have I missed a thread somewhere or is there a bigger plan?

If a bigger plan I am not part of then that is great and please read no further, just reply: 'BIGGER PLAN'

Is new documentation for N-PVR going to:

1) co-exist with current wiki somehow
    2) new existence in some way
    3) not exist at all
    4) none of the above

this is not a poll, just was interested???

very many spiritual fortunes our way

Steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    always know that documentation gets to the bottom of list but would just like to clarify?
    Steeb
    Never a truer word...

I've certainly not seen any sign of a Bigger Plan. It is probably a good idea to raise the matter, but it's maybe a bit early to make decisions since we are still on beta...

Hi Alex,

we have not swopped posts for ages!

I just wanted to know if there was a bigger plan?

IMHE NOW is the time to think about it whilst the beta is out. Beta software, beta wiki?

comments.

Cheers

Steeb

IMHE NOW is the time to think about it whilst the beta is out. Beta software, beta wiki?
    Steeb
    The problem with beta software (and the first couple of releases after it comes out of beta) is that changes come thick and fast - quicker than you can type out the details...

Hi Alex,

always quicker and easier to meet up over a pint (particularly in this good UK weather, well down south anyway!)

As usual I like to pride meself on the written word but it does seem so often mis-understood.

I'm not talking about the content of a new N-PVR wiki just the way 'it is' 'look & feel' this in MHO a thing that would need to be planned.

I'm not offering my services just testing the water!

Actually if someone said to me this has been thought through and planned I would say 'nice then' and rest in peace, old friend GB-PVR 1.4.7

Still don't thunk I wroted that right??

very best

Steeb

I have no plans to write any documentation for N-PVR. Sorry, had to be honest.

Are you sure you dont work for Apple Sub ?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I have no plans to write any documentation for N-PVR. Sorry, had to be honest.
    You're killin' me!

If a bigger plan I am not part of then that is great and please read no further, just reply: 'BIGGER PLAN'
    I think I speak for sub and all plugin developers when I say that you are our 'bigger plan'.

I take this as the "royal you" and not just steeb. If you have the interest in reading this, then I'd hope you take time to give something back. You might not have the skills to code NPVR or mvpmcx2, write a plugin, design a skin, and test and support all this (which takes more time than many of you imagine) but you might be able to collectively participate in documenting the wiki.

Personally I think the GBPVR wiki is good and it will be best to start a second NPVR wiki I expect there will be GBPVR users for years.

Martin