Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GB-PVR v N-PVR on current wiki

GB-PVR v N-PVR on current wiki

Dear all,

probably against my better judgement, after a query on another thread about comparisons between GB-PVR and N-PVR I did this:

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/G...PVRVersusN-PVR

it really doesn't matter as this is not a published page on the wiki, hidden away!

Is it worth pursuing? I can't fill in any gaps because I do not know much

I do realise that N-PVR is still in beta but I think a load of people wouldn't mind knowing which one to play with?

The one field I've felt I left out was capture devices and format recording, but I got tired!

No response is good, means bad idea of mine, do not pursue!

Warm wishes

Steeb
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

NextPVR Documentation (wiki) admin/contributor

Yes, this is the kind of page that I would like to see evolve.
    Thanks for the effort, Pieter

Yes, this is the kind of page that I would like to see evolve.
    Thanks for the effort, Pieter
    Thanks Pieter, I took your idea and it is up there. Lovely to see that THE wiki guru got involved and made some changes.

But I did state in my post:

No response is good, means bad idea of mine, do not pursue!
    I will not pursue this for now as it seems so few of us think this is a good idea.

Cheers

Steeb

I am glad you decided to abandon this. New users don't be confused, they should only consider NPVR. GBPVR is great and works well but the fact remains it is now largely unsupported (program, plugins and skins included)

Martin

I am glad you decided to abandon this. New users don't be confused, they should only consider NPVR. GBPVR is great and works well but the fact remains it is now largely unsupported (program, plugins and skins included)
    Martin, only just spotted this! New users really should probably only consider N-PVR, but what about 'old users' making the shift? I for one am very reluctant, there were a couple of bugs but Mrs Steeb was far more relaxed than me about the bugs

And I did rig out the house with MVP's to serve as my 'HE' system using your dongle!

But yes support will now dwindle and you are quite right, new users N-PVR! But what about some of us 'old-timers'

very best

Steeb

Martin

I think this is the best post I've ever seen on this forum! I'm still laughing, but I hope correctly! I do hope I'm not a total dinosaur?

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    I do hope I'm not a total dinosaur?
    Let's face it, you probably are, but you're certainly not the only one...

If I thought you were a dinosaur I wouldn't have made the post, in fact because I don't even have HD (well my PCH runs on a 15" monitor) I am probably more of one. I am glad I got the laugh though.

Martin

I'm still laughing too much to give a proper response! [Edit] Never has a post made me smile so much! Who needs words! Martin, superb! [End Edit]