Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TVListings for nPVR

Question TVListings for nPVR

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before - or covered elsewhere.

Has anyone been able to test TVListings on nPVR and confirm it works ok? We rely on the TVListings (and its TV Recordings partner) addin for GBPVR and would love this facility to be available for nPVR before we make the move.

If it doesnt work for nPVR - are there plans to get a nPVR version of it?
    Regards,

Kyle Brophy
    IT Manager
    Christchurch
    New Zealand

nPVR HTPC v3.1.1 (Multidec and also Hauppauge WinTV-CI and Irdeto CAM)
    ASUS P5Q SE/R, Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 (64 bit), 2TB (recordings) + 2TB (Movie)
    KU: Fixed 90cm - D1,D3,C1

Quote Originally Posted by kylebrophy View Post
    Has anyone been able to test TVListings on nPVR and confirm it works ok?
    I dont use TV Listings, but can confirm it wont work. The developer needs to make changes if they wanted it to work on NPVR.

As a blanket statement, GB-PVR plugins and skins will not work with NPVR. Nor will NPVR plugins and skins work with GB-PVR.
    Fatman_do

HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver

Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

Today I've released the new version of plugin which is now compatible with NPVR. See the community announcement here: http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....s-3.0-released

-alibert

Great work Alibert! Thanks for doing this.
    I'll have to play with this tonite but I seem to remember with GBPVR that I could never get the detailed info you get in your screen shots. I use Schedules Direct for EPG data and wonder if that should give the needed info for all the program detail.
    Can't wait to play with this one.

Paul
    Custom ASUS Maximus X Hero, 16 GB Memory-ASUS GeForce 1050 Ti, H115i Pro AIO, 850W PS, CM H500P case, Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram, Samsung 970 EVO, HDHomerun Prime & Extend Tuners- running Windows 10 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 10

Hi,

with the new version and the integrated TheTVDB support, you should at least be able to get plenty of information for many tv series automatically, including images. The wiki page describes how to create links between series from your listings and the corresponding ones from TheTVDB.

-alibert

Quote Originally Posted by alibert View Post
    Hi,

with the new version and the integrated TheTVDB support, you should at least be able to get plenty of information for many tv series automatically, including images. The wiki page describes how to create links between series from your listings and the corresponding ones from TheTVDB.

-alibert
    Great work Alibert,

Got it installed last night and I can not get the TheTVDB support to work. I follow the instructions "select show -> find more -> search TVDB". I can see that the show is found since the zip file for that show is stored in the configured data directory. However, on the screen I get nothing, a blank page with no other options than to exit the find more funktion.

Can you think of anything Im doing wrong?

Also, do you have any plans adding IMDB scraping to the find more function? This is something I am using all the time on GBPVR (well not anymore since the WizTools seem to be outdated).

Thanks,

\\Agerdin

Hi,

are there any error messages in the logs? Can you reproduce the problem with other series, too? Do you really get a blank screen with only the "exit" button, or do you just get an empty results list, while the other buttons of the find more popup are still visible?

Regarding the IMDB support, I think I won't add an built-in solution by myself, but maybe I'll add support later when there is another 3rd party library I could use.

-alibert

Quote Originally Posted by alibert View Post
    Hi,

are there any error messages in the logs? Can you reproduce the problem with other series, too? Do you really get a blank screen with only the "exit" button, or do you just get an empty results list, while the other buttons of the find more popup are still visible?

Regarding the IMDB support, I think I won't add an built-in solution by myself, but maybe I'll add support later when there is another 3rd party library I could use.

-alibert
    Thanks, alibert,

I actually looked for the logs last night but could not find any. Are they in the logs directory? or included in the NPVR log?

and yes, I get an empty result screen with all the find more options still visable and functioning.

\\Agerdin

Hi,

the plugin logs to the default npvr log (I think it's nextpvr.exe.log).

The empty screen may just indicate that no episodes were found - did you try to search for other series?

-alibert