Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GB-PVR v N-PVR on current wiki

Let's face it, you probably are, but you're certainly not the only one...
    Hi Alex, I think I probably am, but great to know not the only one!

If I thought you were a dinosaur I wouldn't have made the post, in fact because I don't even have HD (well my PCH runs on a 15" monitor) I am probably more of one. I am glad I got the laugh though.
    Martin, I've only just stopped chuckling, seriously the best post here ever for me! Also I don't have HD either! But my PCH monitor is slightly bigger than yours :-) Can you reply to my other post on this thread: http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....-New-PVR/page4

I think I can do something with that if you would like?

best fun here for ages

Steeb

I was about to post a request for a 'side by side' compare table.. and Steeb already started one !

If we could populate the plugins etc section, then people could get a better picture of where NPVR is in comparison to the old GBPVR.

I dont think we should ignore GBPVR as it is a fully working, mature product.. where NPVR is still in beta/dev stage with many missing plugins (I think, I havent upgraded (MVP user..)).

The compare table might even include some items that will *not* be available in NPVR. People can make up their own minds if they want to instead use the unsupported legacy version or just shove off and go use something else instead (lol).

Perhaps also, it will highlight some plugins or functions that need dev work (could even put in the name of who's working on it etc).

I like it Steeb..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    I was about to post a request for a 'side by side' compare table.. and Steeb already started one !

If we could populate the plugins etc section, then people could get a better picture of where NPVR is in comparison to the old GBPVR.

I dont think we should ignore GBPVR as it is a fully working, mature product.. where NPVR is still in beta/dev stage with many missing plugins (I think, I havent upgraded (MVP user..)).

The compare table might even include some items that will *not* be available in NPVR. People can make up their own minds if they want to instead use the unsupported legacy version or just shove off and go use something else instead (lol).
    I dont think its worth putting that on the NPVR wiki. I've got no problems with users making their own threads to compare the apps in this way, or possibly in the old wiki, but I rather not talk about GBPVR in the NPVR wiki, as it'll just confuse new users.

At the end of the GBPVR is dead, and NPVR is replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    At the end of the GBPVR is dead, and NPVR is replacing it.
    Yes, IMHO, the npvr wiki should treat it's readers as though they came straight to it rather than as an update to a previous version.
    I think it is different enough to be a new "product" rather than an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    Yes, IMHO, the npvr wiki should treat it's readers as though they came straight to it rather than as an update to a previous version.
    I think it is different enough to be a new "product" rather than an upgrade.
    Yep, I agree. I dont think there needs to be anything about GBPVR on the NPVR wiki, other than a simple link back to the old wiki.