Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: multiple genre

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbing View Post
    Is it normal for "start config" to do what I mentioned above?
    No - the usual reason for this is the user has deleted files they thought werent used (ie, tidying up). The Windows install will usually add a message to the Windows Event log saying why it tried to run.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    There is no default genre list. Next time you update the EPG it should pull in the genre list from your EPG source.
    Thanks I see that now.
    Is it only when you connect to EWA from outside your network does it ask for a password?

Sorry I dont know - I'm not that familiar with EWA.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    No - the usual reason for this is the user has deleted files they thought werent used (ie, tidying up). The Windows install will usually add a message to the Windows Event log saying why it tried to run.
    Thanks! I had close to 10 files it was looking for. Good thing I backed up what I removed out of the Web folder.

Hi sub

Does the -removeallgenre witch still work?

I tried NextPVR.exe -removeallgenre and it started NPVR OK; but the genres were still duplicated?

Is there some other reason why this would be the case? I assume if Genre's are duplicated from different Channels, then NPVR consolidates these as unique?
    Unfortunately, mine are not?

The only way I found was manually via the NPVR.db3 but it is slow...

ta

k.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Not sure if if every worked, the correct option is -emptygenre http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....andLineOptions

Martin

Right you are, thanks Martin.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.