Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WizImageGrabber for NPVR - Can we (or you) change the directory Icons are put into?

ok, cheers. Just to be clear, the download of an image for an individual show is a darn sight better than nothing and perhaps there are people who would really appreciate this level of functionality. I may be in a minority of one.

And if you can write a util that does imagegrab <title> as a standalone, it would not be too hard for someone to write a wrapper to call this for every show in the EPG table.

just my 2c.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

OK, my 2c worth.
    Could we have the a) solution please?
    Posters for shows I actually record being would be great!
    NPVR 2.6.2;Windows 7 Enterprise SP1;i5 750; 8GB mem;Geforce 210;Winfast DTV100 S, Winfast DTV Dongle Gold; 2 x Winfast DTV2000DS

I'm in exactly the same situation as gEd. I'd appreciate a command line util to run in postprocessing.bat, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
    I'm in exactly the same situation as gEd. I'd appreciate a command line util to run in postprocessing.bat, too.
    I am confused since gEd wants (b), postprocessing is (a). I don't mind doing single file postprocessing, but I need assurance that people won't try and use it for bulk grabbing. Afterall it would be my api key going to tvdb, tvrage and themovie.db and I don't consider this acceptable use.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I am confused since gEd wants (b), postprocessing is (a). I don't mind doing single file postprocessing, but I need assurance that people won't try and use it for bulk grabbing. Afterall it would be my api key going to tvdb, tvrage and themovie.db and I don't consider this acceptable use.

Martin
    Sorry I wasn't clearer, Martin. Previously, I used wizImageGrabber with the gbpvr epg update in (b) mode. That was my first choice.

However, now, with npvr, since wizImgeGrabber doesn't read the npvr guide, an acceptable alternative would be a command line option to run in (a) mode.

I don't mind adding an epg update option that gets the art for upcoming recordings too, it changes the scope a bit, but it serves the same purpose and it moves the processing to times when the PC is likely not being used heavily.

Martin

I don't mind adding an epg update option that gets the art for upcoming recordings too, it changes the scope a bit, but it serves the same purpose and it moves the processing to times when the PC is likely not being used heavily.

Martin
    That would be cool. Plus, then the art would be available for the pending recordings list as well.

Martin
    I appreciate the concern and I'm totally OK with that. All I need it for are recordings that DO record, or as Brett notes, are scheduled to record, although I'd request an option to grab images for existing recordings. I certianly don't need the whole EPG, that's a real case of 57 channels and there's nothing on ...
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.