Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New beta mvpmc dongle for N-PVR

This is very much a hack of the rolling file, and I hope it is temporary. Changing emulation mode to use the web server for live tv will be a lot of work, on top of really disrupting everything that I actually would have fun doing, so before starting work on it I do want to see MVP users committing to NPVR now that I believe they have something to really work with.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    This is very much a hack of the rolling file, and I hope it is temporary. Changing emulation mode to use the web server for live tv will be a lot of work, on top of really disrupting everything that I actually would have fun doing, so before starting work on it I do want to see MVP users committing to NPVR now that I believe they have something to really work with.

Martin
    Cheers Martin, well all I can say is thank you for getting this far. I do hope some other MVP users will wade in with NPVR now, this is something to really work with.

all the best

Steeb

I had tried NPVR with my MVP's but it had not worked well so I had stuck with GBPVR. I will try with new MVPMC dongle in next couple of days. I have to say I am looking to buy one newer device (Egreat M34a is looking favourite) in next month or so as the lack of HD playback is an issue. The MVP is however great for music and background TV so I don't want to replace all for some time yet
    Jon
    Server: HP ML150 G3, 8GB RAM, 4x500Gb and 2x250GB SATA Disks, Hauppage Nova-T
    Software: GBPVR running in XenServer 5.5 VM - Win2003 SP2, GBPVR v1.4.7, VLC v1.0.2,
    Dongle: mvpmc-dongle.bin (Sep08)
    Plugins: Music v1
    Other: Current ffmpeg build
    Clients: 3xHauppauge MediaMVP(H4 SCART) & 4PCs

I just thought I'd bump this a bit as I am amazed that so few seem to want this with NPVR. Did everyone sell their MVP's? Or just not moving to NPVR?

Steeb

I'm still living in the analog age. Still using GBPVR, Hauppauge PVR 150's and just bought our 4th MVP!
    E4600 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro, Nvidia GT710, HDHomeRun Prime, NPVR 4.2.4
    On a clear disk, you can seek forever...

Thumbs up

This new dongle is great I haven't been able to test it to much but it seems stable. Skipping works. Live TV works. Thanks for yor work mvallevand. Now I can continue using my old MVPs with NPVR which I find even more stable than GBPVR. Great!!

There is however a minor thing I noticed, it seems as if the volume contriol does not work anymore. I use analog out through the SCART connector and it seems the volume is stuck on a "medium" value. No big problem as I can control it thorugh the TV volume instead.

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    I just thought I'd bump this a bit as I am amazed that so few seem to want this with NPVR. Did everyone sell their MVP's? Or just not moving to NPVR?

Steeb
    I was in the "not moving to NPVR" group, due to the lack of MVP support. I'd pretty much stopped visting the GBPVR forums and had started to think about alternative PVR software (definitely wasn't going to get rid of my 2 perfectly functional MVPs).

So I was delighted when I discovered this thread yesterday. I gave the updated dongle a go with NPVR last night and it's working very well so far. It's a big thank you to Martin from me, and I hope enough people agree to encourage him to keep up the great work.
    Tim

Hmmm - new dongle works fine but NPVR/MVP is not a good combination - Am I being thick?

Does NPVR no longer transcode AVI/MKV files to MPG for playback? I can't find any config options

Also as mentioned in forums before NPVR does not appear to select dongle mentioned in config file and just uses the dongle.bin file.
    Jon
    Server: HP ML150 G3, 8GB RAM, 4x500Gb and 2x250GB SATA Disks, Hauppage Nova-T
    Software: GBPVR running in XenServer 5.5 VM - Win2003 SP2, GBPVR v1.4.7, VLC v1.0.2,
    Dongle: mvpmc-dongle.bin (Sep08)
    Plugins: Music v1
    Other: Current ffmpeg build
    Clients: 3xHauppauge MediaMVP(H4 SCART) & 4PCs

Even though I have an A-100 in the living room for mail viewing, I would love to be able to re-plug my MVPs in the other rooms. I'll check this out one of these days. I'm depending on Martins excellent work anyway for years now - MVP as well as PCH. Thank you
    Happy user since October 2004
    VM Ware ESXi 6 on SuperMicro X9SCM-F | Xeon E3-1230 | Windows 7 (on ESXi) | nPVR 3.7.7
    2*HDHomeRun | Kodi on PC and RaspPI | Remote: Logitech Harmony 900 | Storage: unRAID file server 23TB (on ESXi)
    |

Quote Originally Posted by JonRoyle View Post
    Hmmm - new dongle works fine but NPVR/MVP is not a good combination - Am I being thick?

Does NPVR no longer transcode AVI/MKV files to MPG for playback? I can't find any config options

Also as mentioned in forums before NPVR does not appear to select dongle mentioned in config file and just uses the dongle.bin file.
    I haven't tried AVI/MKV conversion.

As to the dongle.bin I'm not sure what I have done different to you but my MVP's are almost certainly loading dongle.npvr.bin because that is the only file I have in NPVR Dongle directory ending in .bin (unless it is somehow managing to load dongle.bin_original which I suspect not)

I have NPVR running on same server as GB-PVR, all I think I did to get this working was change dongle name in NPVR config.xml, stop GB-PVR recording service, change settings of NPVR to run at least 1 instance of MVP, stop NPVR recording service, restart NPVR recording service and MVP boots straight into NPVR with new dongle.....

Steeb
    Last edited by steeb; 2010-09-08 at 10:21 PM.