Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Android client

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    Did you switch the theme to Mobile? Not overly fancy but was created to fit that format much better.
    No need Mayhem 3 works very well My issue on a 7" tablet isn't visibility (800x400) it is the usability. Sometime the UI isn't phone/thumb friendly. The library is good, except for the tinyurl problem I wrote about in another post, and I especially like how the right side is clear for navigation. The guide isn't too bad (and can be zoomed easily) but when you get to the dialogs to record they are awkward.

Martin

In regards to Air Video, it has free server component. The app itself if $5. It supports 3 different streaming models. If the video is already in a compatible format, it will stream the video directly to your iphone. If it is not compatible, it can do a live conversion or a batch conversion for later.
    Windows 7 Premium 32-Bit, Intel i5 750, ASUS P7P55D, 4gb ram, ATI RADEON HD 4550, 5 sata drives, HVR2250, HDPVR, COMSKIP, PCH A100, EGreat 34a, VideoReDo, SA 4240HDC

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    Funnily enough I was thinking about suggesting to UJB that a moblile (m.blah) version of NEWA might be a future project earlier today before I spotted this thread.

I'm personally not too bothered about streaming just setting recordings and that sort of thing. NEWA as it is works fine on my Android phone but it's a bit heavyweight for what I need.

Cheers,
    Brian
    I'd second the request for either a mobile-optimized NEWA or maybe even an iPhone/Android direct application? That would really rock...

I'm definitely less interested in actually streaming content as I am in being able to view the guide and setup recordings easily.

I have had some serious thinking into doing an Android App for NPVR. I have the right tech background and it would be a very nice starting project to wet my feet in the Android space. So this is definately on my TODO list. However, time is the issue. I am about to start some very tough projects at work so I am not sure I will have any spare time for this hobby project. But it would sure be fun!

The focus of the project would be to create a GUI that is made specifically for Android devices, using allt the best the technology can bring to create a smooth experiance. Functionality wise it would be someting like a mix of NEWA with streaming support and also work as a really great remote for the NPVR viewing.

Keep you fingers crossed...

@Barsk: I've actually just started on an Android app although initially I'm only looking to provide EPG access and the ability to set/cancel recordings. After that, a 'Search Guide' ability but that's as far as I'm planning so far.

I personally don't have any interest in streaming video at the moment (too expensive/unreliable using mobile internet and pretty pointless over wi-fi when I'm home). Streaming music, however, is a possible option I was thinking about but not a priority.

If you find time in the future and want to compare notes then send me a PM.

Cheers,
    Brian

a remote maybe
    like jumiamp (iphone app to control winamp)
    very cool

Quote Originally Posted by steveum View Post
    I have been using Air Video to stream recordings to my iphone. I don't know if there is a android version yet. It works really well on the iphone.
    Are you able to play a file that is currently recording with Air Video.

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz View Post
    a remote maybe
    like jumiamp (iphone app to control winamp)
    very cool
    Interesting idea - I suppose it would be possible to have software running on the PC which impersonated a PC remote receiver or mouse/keyboard but which was actually receiving commands via wi-fi or bluetooth. Not something I've ever looked at as I generally just use an MVP.

Actually can and do use the one for the popcorn hour called nmt remote
    But this doesn't show what's playing that's where the jumiremote is better

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    @Barsk: I've actually just started on an Android app although initially I'm only looking to provide EPG access and the ability to set/cancel recordings. After that, a 'Search Guide' ability but that's as far as I'm planning so far.

I personally don't have any interest in streaming video at the moment (too expensive/unreliable using mobile internet and pretty pointless over wi-fi when I'm home). Streaming music, however, is a possible option I was thinking about but not a priority.

If you find time in the future and want to compare notes then send me a PM.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Sure will do. As a newbie into development towards the NPVR as a whole I have many questions, and I have done none research so far. I guess you access EPG data etc via the NEWA interface?