Thread: basic how to...

basic how to...

Is there anywhere on the forums that can give a new user basic how to do things info, ive searched thru many many threads but most users seem to be whiz kids talking another language, basic stuff like does the NPVR program need to be running to record a program from the EPG at night?

I tried GBPVR and it did not recognise my USB digital tuner stick, so I installed NPVR and I have had no trouble.

Now that's a question that seems to wizz at many thousand miles! Can you start with your one question? What would you like to do?

Using the EPG to set a program to record at night, when my pc is in sleep mode, does NPVR need to be running to wake the pc and record?

If its in standby or hibernate then the machine will wake up to perform the recording. You dont have to have the NextPVR.exe front end running - the recording is done by the nrecord.exe process that is always running the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Koala Kid View Post
    Using the EPG to set a program to record at night, when my pc is in sleep mode, does NPVR need to be running to wake the pc and record?
    Hiya Koala Kid, this would be better placed in the NPVR support thread. But I think essentially if your PC went to sleep with a pending NPVR recording then no, it will wake to make the recording naturally

[Edit] He he already got by Sub [End Edit]

understood, thank you