Thread: MovieWiz: no movie data

MovieWiz: no movie data

Over the last couple of days no movie data is being returned, even though when looking through alternative title choices, there are many listed. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem, or if it is just a system problem for me. I have the latest version of MovieWiz.

I am having similar issues.
    AMD Athalon 64 X2 Dual 4600+ (2.4GHz) | 3GB RAM | Windows XP Pro | ATI All In Wonder 2006 | Hauppauge HVR-1600 | Hauppauge HVR-2250 | Hauppauge MVP

The default search for movie info is apparently IMDB, which does not seem to be working anymore. Any suggestions on how to switch to an alternative source (like the moviedb.org)?

The simplest way (as it doesn't involve any change in Movieiz) is to load meta data to a xml file and use this as source for moviewiz.
    Media Center Master is one tool that fetch data and saves it to mymovies.xml this file can be used as source but there is many more "out there".
    GBPVR PC: Win7 ult x64 / Intel P Duo / 2 gb RAM / Asus Extreme Radeon HD3450 HDTV
    Video: Sony 40'' LCD TV
    Plugins: MovieWiz, MLpanel, Videos library, Music Spot, WebRadio - and skin: Community WS

In my case THEMOVIEDB works fine, but any movie found in IMDB only gets title and year. Is there any way to block out IMDB so it will always skip to THEMOVIEDB?

Here is a version of MovieWiz where IMDB has been removed. It uses TheTvDB and TheMoveDB to retrieve data. If this version appears to be stable, I will post on the wiki.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

The new version works perfectly (thanks!). Some fields (trivia, goofs) aren't populated, but other than that, appears stable.... sorry it took so long for the feedback.

(ps: don't forget to back up your database, so you can plop it back in!)