Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NPVR v1.5.33 MVP loading MVPMC & Rolling Buffer

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Yes of course, loading mvpmc hasn't changed since I wrote this in 2007 http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....416#post175416

Martin
    Well my answer is this

and this:

Due to the slight complexities of trying to run GB-PVR and N-PVR from the same server with mvpmc dongle (and different dongles at that!) Seems like I have actually only been testing the old mvpmc dongle with N-PVR (No wonder things didn't seem right)

Now I realise what has been happening and how to solve (but cold reboot does appear the only option for testing?) I shall post no more on this thread and only post (on a new thread) with relevant results....

Steeb

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Now I realise what has been happening and how to solve (but cold reboot does appear the only option for testing?)
    Yes. The MVP keeps the current dongle loaded in memory when in standby mode (i.e. you turned it "off" using the remote). This allows it to be ready for use much quicker when switched on. The only time the MVP will search for a new dongle is when power has been removed and it has lost the dongle that had been saved in memory. If you see the blue Hauppauge MediaMVP screen at power on and the "Loading Application" message at the bottom of the screen, then it is downloading a new dongle that it has located on the network. For our purposes, the dongle that it loads is determined by the recording service that is running (GBPVR or NPVR).
    E4600 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro, Nvidia GT710, HDHomeRun Prime, NPVR 4.2.4
    On a clear disk, you can seek forever...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryH3 View Post
    Yes. The MVP keeps the current dongle loaded in memory when in standby mode (i.e. you turned it "off" using the remote). This allows it to be ready for use much quicker when switched on. The only time the MVP will search for a new dongle is when power has been removed and it has lost the dongle that had been saved in memory. If you see the blue Hauppauge MediaMVP screen at power on and the "Loading Application" message at the bottom of the screen, then it is downloading a new dongle that it has located on the network. For our purposes, the dongle that it loads is determined by the recording service that is running (GBPVR or NPVR).
    Yes, thanks, I did actually know all of this but somehow my tired old brain got mixed up

For some reason I thought as long as I was loading an mvpmc dongle (albeit a different one) I wouldn't have to go through the full power off sequence, why I thought this I have no idea

Steeb

For the next release, sub is changing a default value which will allow mvpmc to detect if it should run in NPVR mode or not. I will be updating the dongle with instructions to do this manually later this weekend.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    For the next release, sub is changing a default value which will allow mvpmc to detect if it should run in NPVR mode or not. I will be updating the dongle with instructions to do this manually later this weekend.

Martin
    Well this is just brilliant, once again so many thanks to you and Sub for sticking with this. Virtual beers all round on me.

Steeb