Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NPVR v1.5.33 MVP loading MVPMC & Rolling Buffer

I don't see any specific error in what NPVR is doing, but I am pretty sure you are using the wrong dongle.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I don't see any specific error in what NPVR is doing, but I am pretty sure you are using the wrong dongle.

Martin
    Well I was definitely doing something wrong (although dongle selected to load in config.xml is dongle.npvr.bin dated 25/09/2010)

Reset MVP server instances to 1 been playing LiveTV for nearly 60 mins now no issues, apart from:

When playing LiveTV for an extended time the MVP stops responding to RC, can't stop LiveTV, only button responded to is power (is this to be expected?)

Every now and then the screen goes black for a few frames

But these are just niggles

Quite honestly I still think it is just brilliant to have an MVP playing LiveTV with NPVR.

Thank you so much Martin and Sub for making this possible

Steeb

Regarding the lost RC that is a well know problem in GBPVR too http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....fter-some-time that I blame on the lousy MVP hardware and sub and I have done what we can to fix it.

Blank screens could come from network problems, less than perfect signals etc. Using the mpeg muxes in GBPVR you probably would see them as as major stutter and pixelization but the end result.

Note that if you try the same test with GB-PVR 1.47, it will hang when a third show starts, GB-PVR is far from perfect.

Martin

Martin
    Martin, just to confirm I am going through the correct process?

Server is running both GB-PVR and N-PVR

GB-PVR is set to load: mvpmc 29_11_08.dongle.bin (this maybe something I called it to know what it is!) (There may have been a later dongle but I obviously found this gave the best results?)

N-PVR is set to load: dongle.npvr.bin (as per previous post)

All I am doing is turning off MVP

Stopping GB-PVR recording process

Starting 1 instance of MVP Server in N-PVR

Stopping N-PVR Service

Starting N-PVR Service

Turning MVP back on with RC. Not rebooting it etc. Is this where something I've done is not right? Should I have cold booted MVP back to Hauppauge dongle. Then new boot straight to npvr dongle?

Cheers for all the help

Steeb

JonRoyle reported that NPVR doesn't use the config.xml name and only sends file name dongle.bin I don't think there is harm in overwriting it since the Hauppauge dongle that sub distributes doesn't support ts files.

You can confirm the mvpmcversion by hitting Go Back and then one of the screens (I think it is About) shows the build date.

Martin

JonRoyle reported that NPVR doesn't use the config.xml name and only sends file name dongle.bin I don't think there is harm in overwriting it since the Hauppauge dongle that sub distributes doesn't support ts files.

You can confirm the mvpmcversion by hitting Go Back and then one of the screens (I think it is About) shows the build date.

Martin
    Thanks Martin will pick up on this later (can't do it now as Mrs Steeb is watching TV on the PCH with GB-PVR!). However I'm not sure JonRoyle is correct. I only have one file in the N-PVR dongle folder ending in xxx.bin all others end in xxx.bin_old, xxx.bin_original etc, I would be surprised if N-PVR managed to load one of these but maybe by some miracle it is

And if the dongle Sub supplies does not support .ts then it must be loading the correct dongle because the LiveTV is working! (and the LiveTV buffer folder is filled with loads of .ts's because they are not auto deleting, but that is for another thread )

Once again many thanks for all your support, will try the 'about' mvpmc just to confirm when I get my server back

thank you again

Steeb

Hmmm so finally got a chance to play. What I seem to have been doing is loading the old mvpmc dongle (from previous post) as about is giving:

Sat Nov 29 03:00:43 EST 2008

So in fact have I actually just been loading the dongle I was using with GB-PVR? Seems that way! Though brilliant it worked OK with .ts

Think a full from cold reboot of the MVP may be in order.....

Steeb

mvpmc has always supported the .ts mux, now the NPVR server supports it better. The changes in mvpmc are to report the proper location in the file for seeking and to change the way the OSD shows over video.

Martin

mvpmc has always supported the .ts mux, now the NPVR server supports it better. The changes in mvpmc are to report the proper location in the file for seeking and to change the way the OSD shows over video.

Martin
    Yes indeed Martin, I am just trying to work out the proper sequence to get this new dongle loaded from the same server running GB-PVR and N-PVR. Seems like all I've been doing is loading the old dongle but with N-PVR. Surely this means I need a cold reboot?

Steeb

Yes of course, loading mvpmc hasn't changed since I wrote this in 2007 http://forums.gbpvr.com//showthread....416#post175416

Martin