Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NextPVR and Analog cards

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    In the future would there be an alternative to those with non-hauppauge analog cards or will the status quo always be the same?
    To be honest, I dont see it changing anytime soon.

(GBPVR was also largely Hauppauge-only due to it's requirement for hardware encoding analog devices)

Sub,

how is this working now with AnalogDevices.xml?

1) Is it possible to have more than one instance of the same/similar card settings listed in the file?

2) If we start collating a list of entries users have added into AnalogDevices.xml can these be added to the default AnalogDevices.xml installation file?

cheers

steeb
    Last edited by steeb; 2011-03-27 at 11:04 PM.

Sub,

just bumping the above post in case you missed it!

cheers

steeb

1) Is it possible to have more than one instance of the same/similar card settings listed in the file?
    You shouldnt need to have more than one listed. For example, if you've got multiple PVR-150's, it only needs to be defined in AnalogDevices.xml once.

2) If we start collating a list of entries users have added into AnalogDevices.xml can these be added to the default AnalogDevices.xml installation file?
    I already do that. If I see a confirmed working one, or help someone get theirs going, then I add it to the master file.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    You shouldnt need to have more than one listed. For example, if you've got multiple PVR-150's, it only needs to be defined in AnalogDevices.xml once.

I already do that. If I see a confirmed working one, or help someone get theirs going, then I add it to the master file.
    Superb, thanks for clarification Sub.

Might as well share the solution to something that almost made me give up migrating my win7/gbpvr to npvr.

I spent the last 2 days trying to tune my analog channels in npvr. The channels I used (and still use) in gbpvr, didn't work. I have the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500 and WinTV-PVR-USB2.

Long story short:
    Channel numbers as used in gbpvr are wrong (although they work for gbpvr), WinTV7's numbers are a dud also (different from gbpvr, but seem to only work for WinTV7).

It wasn't until I searched the forum for what must have been the hundredth time that I found this post by sub.

Only then, by crossreferencing with my cable provider's frequency list did I get the right channel numbers.

So, a link to Microsoft's "International Analog TV Tuning - Tables and Assignments" will probably save someone else's hair from being pulled.

EDIT: in my case, the problem might have began with gbpvr right from the start. Since the tuning assistant doesn't have Portugal as an option, I always used Spain for scanning.

Thanks a lot guys. I bought a retail 2250 years ago, and I assume I have a CD around somewhere since the 2250 support page makes it sound like I should, but I can't for the life of me figure out where.

Quote Originally Posted by mian View Post
    Thanks a lot guys. I bought a retail 2250 years ago, and I assume I have a CD around somewhere since the 2250 support page makes it sound like I should, but I can't for the life of me figure out where.
    But you got it working?

We all lose things from time to time

Oh yes, worked like a charm. I haven't set up the analog tuners yet, but they're in NPVR settings now, waiting for me. I'm still sorting through some junk HD channels I want to get rid of before I add any analog channels to clutter up the guide.

Indeed, if my head weren't screwed on... Actually, sometimes I feel like my head isn't screwed on. Maybe it's just not firmly seated.