Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: NPVR Video, Photo, Music icons

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, ON. Canada
    Posts
    630

    NPVR Video, Photo, Music icons

    Hi

    With GBPVR the Video and Music menus had text.

    NPVR has icons, which is fine, however as you would rely on the text of the folder to tell you what’s in it, its driving me nuts ot have to keep scrolling through loads of identical folder icons and read the text at the base of the screen to work out which folder i want.

    I no longer use NPVR for watching video as can never find any (back to VLC), so how do i get these icons back to text, or at least a smaller icon with text next to them on the screen?
    Many Thanks
    Ashley

    © Copyright 2015 - www.ashleygriffin.ca

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,771
    Did you try Text Mode in the library you are talking about? The View modes can be toggled in the hidden menu. Hit the up arrow to get out of the horizontal menu and activate the hidden menu, or mouse over

    If VLC meets your needs why are you bothering us and complaining so much.

    Martin

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, ON. Canada
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Did you try Text Mode in the library you are talking about? The View modes can be toggled in the hidden menu. Hit the up arrow to get out of the horizontal menu and activate the hidden menu, or mouse over
    Fixed, thanks , i wouldn’t have tried this, as it was "hidden".

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    If VLC meets your needs why are you bothering us and complaining so much.
    Martin
    I still use VLC for many things, however i like to see a positive side to new software, that said things only get better if you hear, understand and fix something that is considered a "complaint", this wouldn’t be a support forum if there wasn’t any complaints, it would be a "review forum" instead.

    Your in self fulfilling prophecy land, all messages on here will be a "complaint", welcome to the "support forum"
    Many Thanks
    Ashley

    © Copyright 2015 - www.ashleygriffin.ca

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, ON. Canada
    Posts
    630
    ooo, while here, once its in text mode, where does it get some of the descriptions from on some of the MPG files i have? I have some long descritions appearing that arnt in the file name that appear, i assume there is a hidden tag somewhere in the MPG file, however before i look for something to edit that tag, want to make sure where NPVR is looking to show this information.
    Many Thanks
    Ashley

    © Copyright 2015 - www.ashleygriffin.ca

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,771
    Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group View Post
    Your in self fulfilling prophecy land, all messages on here will be a "complaint", welcome to the "support forum"
    Actually no, most people here are here sincerely looking for help and they try to be positive, even when frustrated. I like helping people but your posts have a negative tone and if you aren't committed to this, I do wonder if I should bother.

    Glad you found the hidden menu though, I actually think text mode should be default, the other modes are an acquired taste.

    Martin

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    East Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group View Post
    I have some long descritions appearing that arnt in the file name that appear, i assume there is a hidden tag somewhere in the MPG file, however before i look for something to edit that tag, want to make sure where NPVR is looking to show this information.
    It is an NTFS function of using alternate data streams to store metadata - not restricted to mpg. ISTR npvr uses another stream to save more accurate timing info. Try using notepad like:-

    notepad filename:metadata.xml


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •