Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WebRadio questions for the wiki

WebRadio questions for the wiki

Martin,

slowly working my way through WR 3 on NextPVR wiki. Time to ask some questions!

Continue on this thread or should I do a new thread to avoid clogging up this one?

cheers

steeb

Continue in this new thread, but post oe at a time toa avoid quoting.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2011-02-06 at 02:10 AM.

Most excellent, a new thread

I'll break it down in blocks, to work through. And not all at once!

for reference

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....lugin.WebRadio

(contents of page will change as edit progresses)

I don't have access to home server tonight so am working from memory if I get something wrong......

Web Radio - Main Menu
    Flag View
    Radio Station Icon View
    Radio Station Detail View

The above are potential screenshots based on old ones.

1. I had Flag view with WR & GB-PVR, I don't remember finding this with WR 3? Was that me not configuring something correctly?

This plugin is under development, so consider the zip to be a alpha-beta.

2. At this stage still same status?

Play Digital (DVB,QAM,ATSC) Radio found in Scan.Cache files

3. I believe you are working on QAM support but of course no scan.cache files with NextPVR so presume this is now irrelevant and can be removed but with a new entry regards QAM?

With the installer the user menu comes pre-configured with 4 MenuFile items.

•My Online Favorites (create and account at http://penbex.mine.nu, and change the demo.csv account to your "name.csv")
    •My M3U Playlist (specify path and filename to desired playlist file)
    •My Country (you can select any cache file in C:\temp as you country specific MenuFile)
    •DVB Radio (specify your own Scan.Cache file that is located in the .\BDA directory.)
    Using Scan-#-cache file

4. a) Not the case with WR 3.4 d'load? scan.cache as question 3.
    b) I didn't find a My Country (me configuring wrong?)

Favorite Radio Station Menu Editor

5. I believe hard coded to a GB-PVR installation, will not work with NextPVR? Therefore redundant?

cheers, that should do for now Will respond with a re-edit of the page in next few days

steeb

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Continue in this new thread, but post oe at a time toa avoid quoting.

Martin
    Oh, I'd already started my post......

I will reply one by one then.

Martin

I will start with Digital Radio. NextPVR handles Digital Radio well by itself, it can probably have a new wiki entry but Web Radio will still play stations that are in the database and list them automatically, no cache file need. The reason I do this is I have around 50 stations that I don't want to have showing in the EPG with the ugly no data message.

The WR 3.5 QAM features are apparently mainly for me. Everytime the QAM radio stations move to a new channel I lose their channel names. In WebRadio it is a five second edit of a text file. It also also me to scan a watch or listen to any QAM station radio or TV without mapping them to the EPG. This is important when you don't know which is which.

Is that enough on this?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Is that enough on this?
    No, not yet!

I will start with Digital Radio. NextPVR handles Digital Radio well by itself, it can probably have a new wiki entry but Web Radio will still play stations that are in the database and list them automatically, no cache file need. The reason I do this is I have around 50 stations that I don't want to have showing in the EPG with the ugly no data message.
    On a personal level this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Yes NextPVR handles DR well, but I don't want them in the EPG. In fact I deleted all DR stations after my device scans. So to move on and not just about me, I need to understand it to write about it! So if I hadn't deleted the channels after the scan they would automatically appear where listed in WR? And how are you not having them appear in the EPG?

The WR 3.5 QAM features are apparently mainly for me. Everytime the QAM radio stations move to a new channel I lose their channel names. In WebRadio it is a five second edit of a text file. It also also me to scan a watch or listen to any QAM station radio or TV without mapping them to the EPG. This is important when you don't know which is which.
    OK, will make an entry about this, if needed it can be expanded

With your answer to the DR scan stuff that should nail this bit.

steeb

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    And how are you not having them appear in the EPG?

steeb
    There's a 'Hide DVB/ATSC radio channels in TV guide' check box in settings/general

There's a setting somewhere in NPVR config to hide digital radio from the EPG. In the plugin config for web radio if you click on digital radio you will get a new menu option that let's you pick digital radio.

Martin

He he, thanks both And I thought I knew my way around the NextPVR settings by now! Obviously not.....

As to the set up of WR guess a bit silly of me to try this while away from my home set up. As we know by now memory not my forte. Please continue to answer another question should the mood take you. I can pick this up tomorrow when I'm safe back with NextPVR

cheers

steeb