Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WebRadio questions for the wiki

Oh and parting shot for now. I guess if Web Radio is using a device then that device is auto locked out by NextPVR and not made available for TV? i.e. handled natively as 'in use' for TV/recording?

cheers

1. There is no icon view in NPVR and I haven't had the time to program the wall for the flags.
    3. You can still uses these options, incuding My Country" if you want. to.
    5. Was always MixMan's but as you said there is no pvr version.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Oh and parting shot for now. I guess if Web Radio is using a device then that device is auto locked out by NextPVR and not made available for TV? i.e. handled natively as 'in use' for TV/recording?

cheers
    I make no provision for this, I ever wanted to compete with bgowland's fully radio plugin. It's no issue for me since there is no clear QAM of value.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I make no provision for this, I ever wanted to compete with bgowland's fully radio plugin. It's no issue for me since there is no clear QAM of value.

Martin
    Hi Martin,

so I guess it just needs 'flagging' that if you use Digital Radio (say a DVB device) to listen then this device will not be available for NextPVR to record? And if NextPVR did start recording what would be the result if it tried to use the same device that was playing Radio through WR? A failed recording? Sorry if I have misunderstood something here..... I also know nothing about QAM so I don't understand how this does not impact with this scenario. I'm also not sure about ATSC. Is that a North American standard equivalent to DVB? In which case the same rules would apply to ATSC as DVB?

cheers

steeb

I don't know what happens I don't have any clear QAM in my guide, probably you should set up a test, I expect NPVR will either stop playing radio or you will get a tuner in use message.

Not exactly the same but these will help a bit

DVB- C . QAM unencrypted is watchable called "clear QAM" encrypted need Windows Media Centre and a Cablecard ie Ceton and DRM
    DVB-T . ATSC
    DVB-S . no commercial card DRM subscriptions to services like DirectTV (DTV) or Bell ExpressVu (BEV) there is some Free To Air (FTA)

For radio either clear QAM and ATSC in WebRadio might be available.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I don't know what happens I don't have any clear QAM in my guide, probably you should set up a test, I expect NPVR will either stop playing radio or you will get a tuner in use message.

Not exactly the same but these will help a bit

DVB- C . QAM unencrypted is watchable called "clear QAM" encrypted need Windows Media Centre and a Cablecard ie Ceton and DRM
    DVB-T . ATSC
    DVB-S . no commercial card DRM subscriptions to services like DirectTV (DTV) or Bell ExpressVu (BEV) there is some Free To Air (FTA)

For radio either clear QAM and ATSC in WebRadio might be available.

Martin
    Ecellent info. Thanks Martin. Yes will set up a test to see how NextPVR behaves.

Now for the next question

I want to go back to a non-WR installed state and start again as I already started mucking about and paid no attention to what was installed and where

There is no uninstaller or uninstall instructions so I guess it is just a case of manually removing all entries where they exist?

Then I can start again and work my way through a fresh install.

cheers

steeb

There are several things you can do.

- there should be an uninstaller in Program Files\Plugins\WebRadio (it leaves user files like NPVR)
    - you can just manually remove Plugins\Webradio for Program Files and the Data folders, I think NPVR will remove the Menu Item
    - in the WebRadio config you can go to the temp folder and browse for files you might want to delete with the clear cache button anytime

Martin

I forgot about RadioLogos and Country in the Data folder. These may be shared but by other plugins if you know they are not they can be deleted too.

Martin

Hi Martin,

the nature of what I'm doing here looks like it may bring up some troubleshooting issues that may be related to WR or may be NextPVR or may be both. I'd like to keep this thread more related to the setting up of WR for the wiki pages, will open a new thread.

[Edit] Scrub new thread, on existing WR 3.4 thread [EndEdit]

steeb

I prefer new threads for new problems.

Martin